What was the weirdest character in your school Xmas nativity? Watch

Puddles the Monkey
  • TSR Community Staff
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
The Daily Mail is concerned about the decline in traditional Christmas nativity plays: '‘modern’ roles being introduced in schools include aliens, recycling bins, punk fairies, Elvis, footballers, a lobster, a napkin, carrots, sprouts, a pumpkin and a drunken spaceman.'

Did you have any unusual characters in yours?

RF_PineMarten
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
The article refers to a poll which polled just over 2000 members on netmums. Is that really representative or not? A lot of parents don't pay any attention to parenting sites/forums.

Remember this is the Daily Mail, so this could easily be exaggerated.
Puddles the Monkey
  • TSR Community Staff
Rep:
?
(Original post by RFowler)
The article refers to a poll which polled just over 2000 members on netmums. Is that really representative or not? A lot of parents don't pay any attention to parenting sites/forums.

Remember this is the Daily Mail, so this could easily be exaggerated.
Oh yeah, I wouldn't take the Daily Mail seriously for a second. I just thought it was a fun talking point!
Rum Ham
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
At my primary we once done a xmas play which involved us playing different nationalities. I don't remember the storyline at all but I do remember my group was American and we had to line dance. During the generic nativity plays, I just stood in the background as a donkey or a sheep.

Posted from TSR Mobile
RF_PineMarten
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Puddles the Monkey)
Oh yeah, I wouldn't take the Daily Mail seriously for a second. I just thought it was a fun talking point!
I can only speak from my experience, but my school always had the traditional nativity play and I haven't heard anyone in my village say otherwise, so I don't think it's changed since I left. The only thing "a bit different" is that years 5 and 6 did a different play in the summer instead of a nativity play, which you were allowed to sit out of.

Christmas just wouldn't be Christmas without people who most likely don't go to church moaning about "our Christian culture being eroded".
Smash Bandicoot
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Don\'t know about the nativity so this is on a slight tangent but for our summer play a cheap, sexed-down knock-off of Grease, I played the Tetley Tea Man recounting the Battle of Hastings 0_0
Barlow
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
A bear from Madagascar
Puddles the Monkey
  • TSR Community Staff
Rep:
?
(Original post by Smash Bandicoot)
Don\'t know about the nativity so this is on a slight tangent but for our summer play a cheap, sexed-down knock-off of Grease, I played the Tetley Tea Man recounting the Battle of Hastings 0_0
:lolwut:

Sounds riveting!

(Original post by Barlow)
A bear from Madagascar
:lol: Didn't you know it was normal for farmers of that time to keep bears?
The Juan
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Puddles the Monkey)
The Daily Mail is concerned about the decline in traditional Christmas nativity plays: '‘modern’ roles being introduced in schools include aliens, recycling bins, punk fairies, Elvis, footballers, a lobster, a napkin, carrots, sprouts, a pumpkin and a drunken spaceman.'

Did you have any unusual characters in yours?

Yeh we had religious icons from every religion except Christianity- apparently it was to indicate that the skl is multi-cultural and if we focused on Christianity it might of come across as racist or offensive- political correctness at its best
Barlow
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
:lol: Didn't you know it was normal for farmers of that time to keep bears?
It was the most ridiculous thing ever! It was about two families of rapping bears in Madagascar arguing about land and then one side had a baby and they decided to build a bridge so they could both share the land :2in1:
dreadpiraterach
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
My sister was a mad professor and someone else was a Herod/Elvis hybrid.
AnnaGlypta
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I was a penguin once, i remember it was my job to hold a plastic turkey on a plate! haha

My brother was Rolf Harris a few years ago :/
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (266)
38.61%
No - but I will (46)
6.68%
No - I don't want to (51)
7.4%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (326)
47.31%

Watched Threads