Turn on thread page Beta

The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies trailer watch

Announcements
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team

This trailer made me tingle with excitement! I cannot wait to see the final part of The Hobbit... is anyone else going to watching it in the cinema?

ReputationRep:
    Yush-for my 22nd

ReputationRep:
    I'll watch it no doubt, but I still think it's deviating far too much for the books. Ruins my enjoyment when it starts going off on a tangent.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A5ko)
    I'll watch it no doubt, but I still think it's deviating far too much for the books. Ruins my enjoyment when it starts going off on a tangent.
    Aye this, I wouldn't be surprised if the Witch king intervened in battle with a regiment of ring wraiths.

Also being a dumb ass because I haven't read them, just know the basic plot, why does there seem to be 0 Smaug? I thought killing him was...kinda a big deal?

Also don't remember dwarfs riding war goats exists, did giant bats bred for..."WAR?", how does not breed a bat for war, must a bat be taught to distinguish between Orks/baddies and the rest of them?

Also Sauron? Is it actually mentioned it is Sauron in these stories?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joey11223)
    Aye this, I wouldn't be surprised if the Witch king intervened in battle with a regiment of ring wraiths.

Also being a dumb ass because I haven't read them, just know the basic plot, why does there seem to be 0 Smaug? I thought killing him was...kinda a big deal?
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Smaug is actually not that big a deal in the book. He should die fairly quickly in the last instalment, and the real danger arise.

ReputationRep:
    The trailer makes it look good.

I never watched the second one after watching the first and just not enjoying it.

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.