Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm a student at Sheffield studying economics. Due to being rejected for an overdraft I tried applying for a loan from a loan company but they took 1500 from my account I contacted the bank and they were unable to help and the company dissapears off the face of the earth. I needed 3000 for my accomodation so I decided to double the remaining 1500 and gamble it and lost it. I asked my father to give me the money for rent and didn't tell him about the gambling so he gave me 1500 to make up the rest so I made the same mistake again!. Now Im threatened with eviction and running out of options and I'm panicking to the point where I'm considering suicide. I will struggle to tell my father what I've done especially as he's a single parent and money is hard to come by in the family, any advice as I feel like an absolute waste and I've let everyone down and ruined my chance of a future

ReputationRep:
    Thank you for sharing.

Though with a track record like that you look a certain future Chancellor of the Exchequer.

University open days

• University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.