Should I quit my job when I start uni next year? Watch

sarsoora
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi :P

I work in retail and was wondering if I should quit when I start university next year. I'm on a gap year atm, and my contract is only 12 hours but they often give me more.

Thanks!
sr90
  • Volunteer Team
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by sarsoora)

I work in retail and was wondering if I should quit when I start university next year. I'm on a gap year atm, and my contract is only 12 hours but they often give me more.

Thanks!
Entirely depends on what you study. I worked 30 hours p/w during term time and still got a 2.1, but that's because my course had virtually no contact hours. If I did something like Law or Engineering, I wouldn't have been able to do this.
sarsoora
Rep:
?
(Original post by sr90)
Entirely depends on what you study. I worked 30 hours p/w during term time and still got a 2.1, but that's because my course had virtually no contact hours. If I did something like Law or Engineering, I wouldn't have been able to do this.
Thank you

I'm doing English & history. What did you do?
ohhello92x
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

Thanks!
What you can do is either transfer to another store (if you're going to a uni in a different town), get your manager to make you inactive during the term time or you can either keep your hours or reduce them. I'm currently at uni myself and still have my job

But it's entirely up to you on what you want to do

Posted from TSR Mobile
sarsoora
Rep:
?
(Original post by ohhello92x)
What you can do is either transfer to another store (if you're going to a uni in a different town), get your manager to make you inactive during the term time or you can either keep your hours or reduce them. I'm currently at uni myself and still have my job

But it's entirely up to you on what you want to do

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thank you for replying!!

Do you find it difficult to balance work/uni?

ohhello92x
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Thank you for replying!!

Do you find it difficult to balance work/uni?

You're welcome
Tbh I find it's actually not so bad balancing both work and uni at the moment, but if I'd get to that stage where it becomes difficult then I can always reduce my work hours

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (125)
39.56%
No - but I will (17)
5.38%
No - I don't want to (20)
6.33%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (154)
48.73%

Watched Threads