Full time Psychology degree starting in Feb Watch

hannahhhhx
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hello all first post woo!

Right so I am a bit late in the application process as I had a few complicated things going on etc. that were holding me back from different decisions but I have now finally decided studying a Psychology degree through the OU is the best option for me.

Obviously I'm a little late but as far as I'm aware the application process closes sometime in January for the full time Psych degree starting in February.

I still have a lot of prep to do as I haven't yet got my head around how all the modules etc. work. But one thing I did wanna ask was, how possible it would be to begin studying the degree full time, and then eventually switch over to part time? If anyone knew the answer to this then that would help massively

Thanks!
Snufkin
  • Volunteer Team
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
There isn’t an application process for the OU, you just register for a course and pick which module to take first. But yes you will have to register by a certain date. You need to decide whether you want to do the Introduction to childhood studies and child psychology (E102) module or Introducing the social sciences (DD102), you can't take both. If you pick DD102 then you can start in February but if you want to do E102 then you will have to wait until next October to begin. The compulsory Investigating psychology 1 (DE100) module also begins in February, although the OU recommends you don't take this module until you have completed either E102 or DD102.

You can definitely switch from full-time to part-time or vice versa, although it should be noted that even if you do 120 OU credits a year, you will still be considered a part-time student by student finance.
xgemmaax
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm starting the same degree in February. It's not possible to start full time on the psychology degree (I wanted to do the same thing) because you have to study one of the optional modules before the compulsory module.

Good luck!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (293)
37.71%
No - but I will (55)
7.08%
No - I don't want to (56)
7.21%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (373)
48.01%

Watched Threads