When can people apply? Watch

7ButlerJ
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi, not sure if anyone has answered this already but I was just wondering when people are able to apply for accommodation at their respective universities?
I was accepted last year for a deferred place at Leicester University so I already have my place. I contacted Leicester and they said that I would be able to apply in around March/April time which seems rather late to me?

Any help would be appreciated
KiwiMonkey96
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by 7ButlerJ)
Hi, not sure if anyone has answered this already but I was just wondering when people are able to apply for accommodation at their respective universities?
I was accepted last year for a deferred place at Leicester University so I already have my place. I contacted Leicester and they said that I would be able to apply in around March/April time which seems rather late to me?

Any help would be appreciated
March/April sounds around about right to me and if that's what the university itself has said then I would go along with that. You could try seeing if there's any info on the university website to try and confirm things but I think that I applied in March for my accommodation this year (for a different uni) but the point being it's definitely not overly late.
7ButlerJ
Rep:
?
(Original post by KiwiMonkey96)
March/April sounds around about right to me and if that's what the university itself has said then I would go along with that. You could try seeing if there's any info on the university website to try and confirm things but I think that I applied in March for my accommodation this year (for a different uni) but the point being it's definitely not overly late.
I looked on the website and it said Spring 2015 but yeah, a person from the actual university informed me that the opening date for accommodation application is March/April and the closing date is September.
It just seems odd to me that you could by applying for accommodation in the same month that you actually move to the university (seeing as Leicester students start at the end of September).

Thanks for the response though! I'm sure it will all work out fine but I would just have preferred to get it out of the way and not have to worry about it at a later date
KiwiMonkey96
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by 7ButlerJ)
I looked on the website and it said Spring 2015 but yeah, a person from the actual university informed me that the opening date for accommodation application is March/April and the closing date is September.
It just seems odd to me that you could by applying for accommodation in the same month that you actually move to the university (seeing as Leicester students start at the end of September).

Thanks for the response though! I'm sure it will all work out fine but I would just have preferred to get it out of the way and not have to worry about it at a later date
I get where you're coming from, most of the people who apply in September will be those who have it as their insurance or got in through clearing anyways
7ButlerJ
Rep:
?
(Original post by KiwiMonkey96)
I get where you're coming from, most of the people who apply in September will be those who have it as their insurance or got in through clearing anyways
Ahh, good point I hoped that I would be able to apply for it early because I already have my place and so I will definitely be staying there but I guess it doesn't work that way!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (236)
39.14%
No - but I will (41)
6.8%
No - I don't want to (45)
7.46%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (281)
46.6%

Watched Threads