Investment Banking with 2.2 Watch

This discussion is closed.
nnikos
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I have just graduated from Imperial College London with a 2.2 degree and I was wondering if I have any realistic chances of getting into IB and more specifically into M&A. And what other roots do you recomment for getting into M&A?
AnonymousPrince319413
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by nnikos)
I have just graduated from Imperial College London with a 2.2 degree and I was wondering if I have any realistic chances of getting into IB and more specifically into M&A. And what other roots do you recomment for getting into M&A?
What degree ?
nnikos
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Mechanical Engineering
Commercial Paper
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by nnikos)
Probably quite difficult if the minimum requirement is a 2.1. Your options are network and/or do a Masters.

Posted from TSR Mobile
GenialGermanGent
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
No.
Munster
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi, I don't know much about banking, but I have an interview for Goldman Sachs (operations) and I graduated with a 2:2! Because you graduated from a top uni, you may have a better chance than someone else who has a 2:2. Also did you have any extenuating circumstances? If you do, employers will take that into consideration, there's no harm in contacting HR and asking!
gr8wizard10
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
F/O - M/O likelihood, probably not. Banks are spoilt for choice in most cases, and not meeting the min requirement is
GP3
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hey did you apply for the graduate scheme at GS?
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (503)
37.65%
No - but I will (103)
7.71%
No - I don't want to (92)
6.89%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (638)
47.75%

Watched Threads