Tired after eating Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
When I eat certain foods (white bread, pasta etc.) I get extremely tired to the point of wanting to take a nap, even after a good night of sleep. I have constant thirst too; regardless of how much water I drink, which leads to frequent urination that is usually worse at night.

I don't really want to waste my GP's time, which is why I'm asking here.
MoonRocket
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Why would it be wasting your gps time? You should get some help from them
Swanbow
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
You won't be wasting your GP's time. I said that to my GP once and he said quite sternly said that 'it might've been something more serious', saying it wasn't a waste of time. If it is impacting on your quality of life go see them.
Kabloomybuzz
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Go to your GP, these are symptoms of potentially gluten intolerance/celiacs disease, postentially diabetes, and probably a host of other issues. See your GP and get it checked out. Only your GP can diagnose and treat you. Here, all we can do is speculate.
thisisme!
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
those are symptoms of diabetes. see your gp.
Rum Ham
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I have had this for years. I got tested for diabetes as it is a symptom plus it runs in my family but all the tests came back negative and the docs couldn't find anything wrong with me. I get this after every meal usually and tbh I thought it was normal until I told my gran and then she marched me to the docs as she had that before she was diagnosed with diabetes.
Definitely worth seeing your GP.
Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (255)
38.93%
No - but I will (45)
6.87%
No - I don't want to (47)
7.18%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (308)
47.02%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed