New To UKL? Questions? Click Here! Watch

This discussion is closed.
Ollie
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
Welcome to UK-Learning! All the members hope you have an enjoyable stay be it long or short.

This is thread for you to ask questions about the forum. Maybe you are having trouble with a particular feature of the forum, or you're not sure which forum to post in. Whatever your problem, this is the place to ask it! A member will almost certainly answer it within a matter of minutes. The thread is also heavily moderated, therefore don't worry about bad advice and the rest!

The only thing we ask you to do before posting here is to read the FAQ. It has answers to lots of questions that new members have asked before. Also it has the the forum guidelines, which you might want to read . If you've read the FAQ, click here to reply to this thread.

If you would rather ask a member in private, you can take advantage of the Private Message (PM) system. Here a few members that will be able to help.

Also you can try any of the moderators, or subscribers, (found here). Of course, they will take longer to respond, but it should be today at the latest.

Members: Please don't answer a question if a satisfactory response has already been given by someone else. And don't let it go off topic! :rolleyes:
G4ry
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
If you subscribe to the forum does that mean you're immune from being banned?
Daveo
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by G4ry)
If you subscribe to the forum does that mean you're immune from being banned?
When you register on UK-Learning you agree to the terms and conditions, including the statement that "a moderators decision is final" Therefore if you severely contravine forum rules even as a subscriber you can and will be banned, this is however a contraversial topic and if/until the situation arises only then will we know the situation.
Thanks to 2776, piginapoke, ++Hex++, elpaw and dearly_ma_leary for contributions to this topic.
Babygal
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I have question, yeh i know, 600th post and you're asking questions, but anyway, i wanted to ask you know when you post something like i'm doing now, i can't post the smilies with the text (like next to this) i wouldn't be able to, so can someone plz let me know how
Golden Maverick
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Once you've voted on a public poll, is there any way of seeing who else voted? (Without signing out and looking again)
happysunshine
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
What are the benefits of paying my £5.00 to subscribe?
Why is the subscription only valid for 1 month?
Why can't the FAQ be part of UKL? As you may have noticed, by viewing the FAQ you are not online anymore because you are not on one of the UK-Learning pages.
Why are there only 11 emoticons?
Why can't we have different forum styles?
LH
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by happysunshine)
What are the benefits of paying my £5.00 to subscribe?
See the FAQ
Why is the subscription only valid for 1 month?
That's the way it is currently configured though d may change this not the subscriptions have been quite successful.

Why can't the FAQ be part of UKL? As you may have noticed, by viewing the FAQ you are not online anymore because you are not on one of the UK-Learning pages.
Ollie complied it, so it's on the Exeter university server. This way Ollie can update it regularly. VBulletin's standard FAQ can be reached via UKL's FAQ. If you want to stay on-line, open it in a new window.
Why are there only 11 emoticons?
More may be added in the future but you can always copy emoticons from other sites and attatch them to a message.
Why can't we have different forum styles?
You want a different style? Go to a different forum!
byb3
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Oh yeah, why do Ollie, Leekey, rahaydenuk, edders, ickle_katy only come up as the moderators for this forum at the bottom? Aren't we missing a few?

Adam
Daveo
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by byb3)
Oh yeah, why do Ollie, Leekey, rahaydenuk, edders, ickle_katy only come up as the moderators for this forum at the bottom? Aren't we missing a few?

Adam
The moderators have been allocated specific forums, their powers do remain in all forums though.
See here for the listing: http://www.uk-learning.net/showgroups.php?
Avi
Report 15 years ago
is there ne way of changing usernames? I haven't come across such an option as yet.
LH
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Avi)
is there ne way of changing usernames? I haven't come across such an option as yet.
Unfortunately no, you have to keep the username you registered with.
Xenon
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
Unfortunately no, you have to keep the username you registered with.
Or you could start up a new account, though you'd lose all your posts...
Jak Spencer
Report 15 years ago
Whats all the positive and negative rep thing?

Also i can't understand why people are so proud of their post number - is there a competition?
Daveo
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Jak Spencer)
Whats all the positive and negative rep thing?

Also i can't understand why people are so proud of their post number - is there a competition?
have you read the FAQ :rolleyes:
And post count is pretty worthless except in determining the amount of rep you can give.
Jak Spencer
Report 15 years ago
Sorry just a quich one - how do you create a poll.

I would read the FAQ or something, but for some reason i cant get to it
Ollie
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
(Original post by Jak Spencer)
Sorry just a quich one - how do you create a poll.

I would read the FAQ or something, but for some reason i cant get to it
http://www.uk-learning.net/faq.php?f...b_poll_explain
TopCat
Report 15 years ago
how do you add a picture beside your name?
Daveo
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by TopCat)
how do you add a picture beside your name?
It's in the FAQ under AVATARS! see my signature.
The Albatross
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
How do you create a poll, or can only some elite group of users do it?
Xenon
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by scarlet ibis)
How do you create a poll, or can only some elite group of users do it?
When you want to start up a new thread, click on the option which says post a poll (towards the bottom of the page), and type in the number of options you want in the poll

Post a Poll
Yes, post a poll with this thread
Number of poll options: (Maximum: 10)

Then click on submit the new thread. Type in the title of the poll, and type in the options. Choose between a public poll, or not. Then post the thread.

OR READ THE FAQ!!!!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (363)
59.31%
Yes- I don't like it (33)
5.39%
No- I want it (172)
28.1%
No- I don't want it (44)
7.19%

Watched Threads