New To UKL? Questions? Click Here! Watch

This discussion is closed.
Mr White
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Question, thank you please:

How do I get the thing to remember my account? When I sign on it always asks for my name and password, and I am a very lazy man. Is there any way that I can ensure that I never have to sign in again (unless I make a point of signing out)? This has only happened since the server was last upgraded, before that I was remembered.
Ellie4
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Mr White)
Question, thank you please:

How do I get the thing to remember my account? When I sign on it always asks for my name and password, and I am a very lazy man. Is there any way that I can ensure that I never have to sign in again (unless I make a point of signing out)? This has only happened since the server was last upgraded, before that I was remembered.
Do you click that little box that says 'Remember me'? UKL always remembers me, maybe I'm just more memorable than you
Mr White
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Ellie4)
Do you click that little box that says 'Remember me'? UKL always remembers me, maybe I'm just more memorable than you
Yes... I have that ticked. Perhaps it's because I don't visit very often. Usually only once every couple of days. Oh well, I'll just have to endure those 4 seconds or so when I have to enter my name. Bah.
chats
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
how do u change the title under ur username? that one that says demigod, new member etc?

sum1 gave me rep but i still only got 10 points howcome? they had quite a lot of posts.
chats
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by piginapoke)
Two ways. The user title changes in accordance with post count, see the FAQ for the levels. The other way is to subscribe (currently £5 per month) and then you can change the title to (almost) anything you want.
o ok thanx. wot about the rep thing sum1 gave me a good rep but my points stayed the same
Sire
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by chats)
o ok thanx. wot about the rep thing sum1 gave me a good rep but my points stayed the same
Refer to the FAQ. You can find the link in my signature. Basically, you'll need 100 points of rep to get your next gem
chats
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
oh ok thanks a lot. i would give u rep but it wont be worth anything
Sire
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by chats)
oh ok thanks a lot. i would give u rep but it wont be worth anything
Go forth my son, one day you shall become a great forumite. Just remember to read the FAQ thoroughly.
Sam2k
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I know that if you have somebody on ignore you can't see their posts unless someone quotes them, but what does it do if you have somebody on buddy?
Ollie
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
(Original post by moncal)
I know that if you have somebody on ignore you can't see their posts unless someone quotes them, but what does it do if you have somebody on buddy?
according to the faq...

The buddy list is used to keep track of the friends you have made on this forum. By going to your "My vB Home", you'll be able to see which of your friends are currently online, and be able to send them a private message. Adding people to your buddy list also allow you to send private messages to multiple forum members at the same time. You may add any member of the forums to your buddy list by clicking this button in a member's posts.
snnn
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
i had ticked it,but it still not shown
Sam2k
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Ollie)
according to the faq...

The buddy list is used to keep track of the friends you have made on this forum. By going to your "My vB Home", you'll be able to see which of your friends are currently online, and be able to send them a private message. Adding people to your buddy list also allow you to send private messages to multiple forum members at the same time. You may add any member of the forums to your buddy list by clicking this button in a member's posts.

How long has that been on the faq? Anyone can send pm's to multiple people at the same time.
Ollie
Rep:
?
(Original post by moncal)
How long has that been on the faq? Anyone can send pm's to multiple people at the same time.
its been there forever

it means you can send a pm to your buddies, via a keyword.
jammyd
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Who chose the sub-forums for subjects and universities? And, why does Oxbridge have sub-forums? This is unabashed elitism!!
Xenon
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by jammyd)
Who chose the sub-forums for subjects and universities? And, why does Oxbridge have sub-forums? This is unabashed elitism!!
I think that sub-forums were suggested by many, so d introduced them. About the Oxbridge sub-forum, there was a pretty big thread on that subject alone, hence a sub-forum of it's own.
jammyd
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Xenon)
I think that sub-forums were suggested by many, so d introduced them. About the Oxbridge sub-forum, there was a pretty big thread on that subject alone, hence a sub-forum of it's own.
Its a bit silly. Also, I meant that Cambridge and Oxford have their own sub-forums inside the Oxbridge sub-forum - Why?!
Golden Maverick
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Is it my browser, or do animated avatars not work all the time, i.e. are they sometimes not animated?
Ollie
Rep:
?
(Original post by Golden Maverick)
Is it my browser, or do animated avatars not work all the time, i.e. are they sometimes not animated?
What browser do you use?

Is it everyone or just some of them. ie. who are you thinking of?
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Also, you can disable avatars and signatures in the UserCP (UserCP -> Edit Options -> Thread Display Options -> Untick accordingly) if you like. It makes the forum load quicker and makes it more compact and legible, I find.
Golden Maverick
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Ollie)
What browser do you use?

Is it everyone or just some of them. ie. who are you thinking of?
IE and Mozilla

Either all of the avatars work, or none - mine, elpaw and wolf (all I can remember)
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (364)
67.03%
No (179)
32.97%

Watched Threads