Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm aiming for about 5+ A*'s, and so I need to study hard, but how exactly do I go about studying and revising hard from January and onwards so I can be as prepared as possible for my GCSE's in the summer?

ReputationRep:
    Don't kill yourself over it. If you burn out it'll hinder you. As long as you pay attention and get *every* concept solidified in your head while you're learning it your revision will be easy. I paid attention in class, made some revision notes(just wrote down every little thing I couldn't remember 100% so about 1-4 pages/subject then memorised them the night before. Averaged less than 5 hrs per subject, 9A*2A.

ReputationRep:
    Have a revision timetable that you stick to! And don't over do it, make sure you have breaks and evenings off where you go out with friends or sit with some popcorn and watch a film. Index cards are amazing if you need to remember equations and dates, you can get little files so when you're on the bus or something you can flick through it.

Make colorful notes and don't put too much information on each page. Ask someone to help you revise, or meet up with friends to. I did an hours Geography revision with a friend and then we got pizza and watched a film. My brother also helped me revise but he kicked me off the sofa every time I got something wrong...

The main things are to be organised, dedicated and to not overwork because you will burn yourself out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Seeyousoon)
    I'm aiming for about 5+ A*'s, and so I need to study hard, but how exactly do I go about studying and revising hard from January and onwards so I can be as prepared as possible for my GCSE's in the summer?
    Practice makes perfect so when it comes to things like maths and science doing past papers is the best thing. Also keeping yourself organised is an important aspect as you do not want to be looking everywhere for that one sheet of paper.

Remember to believe in yourself and try your best.

Good luck

ReputationRep:
    I'm nearly A* in everything and don't have the best memory. All I do is concentrate in class and make sure I understand every topic fully before we move on. Always read over your notes as the year goes on and then when it comes the time to do your GCSE's you'll find you actually know most of the stuff already. Also make sure to do lots of past papers particularly in Maths/Science. For history and geography try watching a few documentaries if you find them interesting as they really help and if you do a language, try and immerse yourself in it, eg set your phone language to which ever language you're doing. Hope this helped somewhat.
    Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Seeyousoon)
    X
    hey there, i'm in year 12 atm and i wrote a post a while back about preparing for gcses so i hope it helps you out

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...15&postcount=2

University open days

• University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.