Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi all
    So my iPhone 5 charge port has broken and the phone is out of warranty, I just spoke to Apple support and they have booked me an appointment at a Genius Bar. The guy on the phone told me even though my phone is out of warranty if they can't fix it I will be given a new phone at no charge and again no charge of they can fix it. Does this sound right? Help please.

ReputationRep:
    My flatmate has used genius bar before, they diagnoised the issue for free, but she would have had to pay for the repair if she wanted them to do it (as the device was out of warranty). Maybe they got confused and thought your device was still under warranty?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PlantVZombie)
    Hi all
    So my iPhone 5 charge port has broken and the phone is out of warranty, I just spoke to Apple support and they have booked me an appointment at a Genius Bar. The guy on the phone told me even though my phone is out of warranty if they can't fix it I will be given a new phone at no charge and again no charge of they can fix it. Does this sound right? Help please.
    How long have you had the phone? Did you buy it brand new?

If the phone is out of warrenty; I suspect they will attempt to charge you for repairs or replacement.
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    TSR Group Staff
    Mine stopped working awhile back, but it turned out it had some pocket lint stuck in the connector.

Took it into a local phone repair shop, and they just dug around with a pin and pulled out the fluff, and it was working again.

Something to try maybe?

ReputationRep:
    I called back and some code they gave me is to make sure I'm not charged at all apparently. I even called back and they said I was right, I won't be charged I just really don't want to go into town to then be told it will cost this much, maybe I will just have to risk it.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.