The Student Room Group

What car do you have and how much is it to tax?

As the title says really, what car do you drive and how much a year is it to tax?

Scroll to see replies

I hate FIAT
Toyota Aygo, £20/year.
Reply 3
Priyus Yippieeee!
I have a hyundai i20 edition and its £110 a year to tax
Original post by zedeneye1
I hate FIAT

I feel your pain.
My first car was a fiat. The tax wasnt too bad, but the reliability of the car was awful.
Reply 6
Kia Picanto
£30

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Ford focus. £230. Paying that, insurance and breakdown cover all on the same day hurt my wallet :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Peugeot 307 2L HDI is £140 for the year...which reminds me mine runs out next month boo! haha
Land Rover Discovery - £485

Tesla Model S - NOK425 which is dirt cheap for car tax in Norway as even a small Fiat 500 cost NOK2995 to tax each year.
Original post by Emma:-)
I feel your pain.
My first car was a fiat. The tax wasnt too bad, but the reliability of the car was awful.

oh really? I just saw the FIAT in your profile pic, and thought I'd write that...

Interesting thing about FIAT, the company that owns FIAT also owns ferrari...hehehe.

Although you're actually right, the car is pretty damn unreliable...don't know how they do that....somehow all european car companies either make reliable very expensive vehicles or cheap but extremely unreliable ones....they should learn from the japanese...
oh really? I just saw the FIAT in your profile pic, and thought I'd write that...

Interesting thing about FIAT, the company that owns FIAT also owns ferrari...hehehe.

Although you're actually right, the car is pretty damn unreliable...don't know how they do that....somehow all european car companies either make reliable very expensive vehicles or cheap but extremely unreliable ones....they should learn from the japanese...

I was just going to mention the japanese...
I am the proud owner of a Nissan Micra, its cute! its reliable! and its super cheap to run!
And trust me when I say its bloody reliable! I would trust that car with my life not to break down or cause any trouble
Original post by FireflyGirl96
I am the proud owner of a Nissan Micra, its cute! its reliable! and its super cheap to run!
And trust me when I say its bloody reliable! I would trust that car with my life not to break down or cause any trouble

you never really realize how reliable these cars are until you buy a non-jap....you just take the reliability for-granted...there's a reason why toyotas are so popular in the third world....they just need fuel to run, no expensive workshop visits every 6 months....
you never really realize how reliable these cars are until you buy a non-jap....you just take the reliability for-granted...there's a reason why toyotas are so popular in the third world....they just need fuel to run, no expensive workshop visits every 6 months....

Well I wouldnt know about any other cars, the Nissan Micra was courtesy of my parents (1st car) so it holds a special spot in my heart.
But thats what my dad said about the car, and he was proven correct. It honestly is solid and reliable even with me driving it (new driver) and I know how new drivers tend to wreck their cars lol

Yeah, i had a fiat punto as my first car (w reg- i got rid of it 4 years or so ago now). Never again with the amount of trouble i had. Everything went wrong in the 6 months i had it before i had enough and got rid. The head gasket went, the ecu blew up and took the coil packs with it, the airbag warning light came on permanently and wouldnt go away. And thats just the stuff i can remember.
Original post by FireflyGirl96

I used to have a nissan micra as well (i got the micra after the fiat). I loved that car and regret getting rid. It was bomb proof, it was that reliable.
Since getting rid of the micra ive had hyundais (im on my second hyundai now). They are korean and they are reliable as well.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Emma:-)
I used to have a nissan micra as well (i got the micra after the fiat). I loved that car and regret getting rid. It was bomb proof, it was that reliable.
Since getting rid of the micra ive had hyundais (im on my second hyundai now). They are korean and they are reliable as well.

Yeah they are indeed!
Vw polo 1.4 2003

£180! :angry:
'97 Golf TDI estate. Fairly sure it's over £200/year, but it only cost me £800 to buy so I can't really complain! I get 300-400 miles of city driving out of it for about £55 too, which lasts me around a month. Very reliable too, considering it's almost 20 years old.
I have a 2007 Vauxhall Corsa SXI, and it costs me £180 to tax :unimpressed:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest