Contract Law Scenario Watch

agaata5
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
If anyone can help with this problem question, it would be much appreciated. I have only had one lecture on contents of the contract (terms) and I have a seminar on Friday, so to be honest, I am not sure how I am suppose to approach this question.

Thanks for reading.

Ace Manufacturing v Finco

Ace Manufacturing leased a computerised drilling machine from Finco for three years at a monthly rental of £250. One of the terms of the contract stated:

The oil in the bearings on the top of the drilling machine must be changed weekly. Failure to do this may result in serious damage to the drill. The contract provided that Finco’s engineers are to take monthly inspection, and servicing, visits. On one visit Finco's engineer discovered that the oil on the top bearing had not been changed since her last visit. She reported this to Finco, who instructed her to remove a vital part of the drill so that it could not be used. Finco have now sent a letter to Ace demanding the return of the drill. Finco states that this is because the oil has not been changed and also because Ace has three times been late in paying the rental - indeed, this month's rental is now 15 days overdue. Ace blames this on a cash flow problem. Not being able to use the drill has disrupted their production schedules, though at present their factory is not working at full capacity.
Tyler Bam
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hey, just giving this thread a bump :bump: Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific university or course forum should help you get more responses. :yy:

If you haven’t already found it, then university connect is a really useful way for finding people at your course/university! You can also find a list of applicant threads and courses here.
agaata5
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi! I somehow managed to answer the question and suprisely, the answer was right. I am not sure if I did post in the right place - it was the first time I have used the website. Anyways, thanks for your help, much appreciated!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19
  • University of East Anglia
    Could you inspire the next generation? Find out more about becoming a Primary teacher with UEA… Postgraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19
  • Anglia Ruskin University
    Health, Education, Medicine and Social Care; Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences; Business and Law; Science and Engineering Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (502)
37.74%
No - but I will (102)
7.67%
No - I don't want to (91)
6.84%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (635)
47.74%

Watched Threads