The Student Room Group
Halls of residence, St George's, University of London
St George's Hospital Medical School
London

St Georges Uni Applicants for Healthcare (Physiological Sciences) 2015

Hi guys just wanted to start this thread to see whether anyone has recieved offers for Healthcare Sciences? Ive been waiting for a while now amd am very anxious :confused:
Reply 1
No offer, I have an interview tho? Wbu?
Halls of residence, St George's, University of London
St George's Hospital Medical School
London
Reply 2
How was the interview?? Im anxious cause St George is v competitive and on the 18th of March. Did you like the uni btw?
Reply 3
Thats great, where else have you applied & are tge qs generic oh and how many interviewers...26 places oh wow
Reply 4
Leeds(got an offer) middlesex(got an interview) Manc uni life sciences & wolverhampton got manc & wlv. Im uber nervous for St Georges is there a panel of interviewers? & what are the qs like plus whens your Middlesex interview
Hey guys, I am a first year healthcare scientist at St Georges so if you have any questions feel free to ask :smile:
Original post by charlie corfield
Hey guys, I am a first year healthcare scientist at St Georges so if you have any questions feel free to ask :smile:

Hey :smile: how are you finding it? bit nervous for the interview, what is the layout for it like? panel or one to one? any tips? thanks!
Original post by Kim-Possible
Hey :smile: how are you finding it? bit nervous for the interview, what is the layout for it like? panel or one to one? any tips? thanks!

I'm loving it!! There's two interviewers per interviewee. They have a set of questions to ask you. Just talk about work experience and be yourself!

Posted from TSR Mobile

how are you liking first year, have you done much placements and how are they like also are you thinking of going down the cardiac, respiratory, or sleep route
Original post by Audiology-Med
how are you liking first year, have you done much placements and how are they like also are you thinking of going down the cardiac, respiratory, or sleep route

Its absolutely amazing!!

I have been on one cardiology two week placement in Kingston. I absolutely loved it. In your first year placement is mainly just seeing what you can do in the job so I did ECGs, stress testing, perfusion scanning, echo, cath lab. Soo much to do in cardiology.

I am going to chose cardiology not resp & sleep. if you chose resp then you automatically do sleep also, they come as a pair. Personally I find cardiology a lot more challenging and interesting. Cardiology is generally the most popular.
Original post by mehmet_2k13
Applied to hertdforshire, had an interview, waiting for an offer.. Portsmouth,Middlesex and Anglia Ruskin. Got interviews for those in the next few weeks, wbu

how was your anglia ruskin interview
Hey guys can you please tell me what they asked you in the interview and where they the nice type or the blank type as int he ones that show no emotion.I'm referring to St George's btw.
Reply 12

Hi!When does the course start in first year? :smile:
Original post by Audiology-Med

What made you apply for healthcare and how challenging is it?

Hi there, I'm applying for healthcare sciences at St George's and have an interview in a few days. Do you remember what sort of things they ask in the interview? and do they really grill you on scientific knowledge? Thanks!

Quick Reply