CRB Check? help Watch

Hanna07
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi

I am desperately looking to gain work experience at a primary school. Finally, I managed to find a school that would let me do a two week work experience placement. However, the teacher told me I cannot start until I get a CRB check done. She did mention that I could already have one in place because when I was 16 I did two weeks at another primary school.

My question is how do I apply for a CRB check and if I could already have one done (which she told me should be valid for three years) how can I find out?

I have looked at the website but I can't find an application form. I was told that I would have to do it so I will be applying as an individual. I am 18 btw.

Thankyou so much !!
Mr M
  • Forum Helper
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Hanna07)
Hi

I am desperately looking to gain work experience at a primary school. Finally, I managed to find a school that would let me do a two week work experience placement. However, the teacher told me I cannot start until I get a CRB check done. She did mention that I could already have one in place because when I was 16 I did two weeks at another primary school.

My question is how do I apply for a CRB check and if I could already have one done (which she told me should be valid for three years) how can I find out?

I have looked at the website but I can't find an application form. I was told that I would have to do it so I will be applying as an individual. I am 18 btw.

Thankyou so much !!
The teacher is a bit confused. CRB checks ended some time ago and were replaced with DBS checks. They "run out" if unused after 6 months so there is no chance of portability.

Individuals are not permitted to apply for DBS checks.

https://www.gov.uk/disclosure-and-ba...and-complaints
Hanna07
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by Mr M)
The teacher is a bit confused. CRB checks ended some time ago and were replaced with DBS checks. They "run out" if unused after 6 months so there is no chance of portability.

Individuals are not permitted to apply for DBS checks.

https://www.gov.uk/disclosure-and-ba...and-complaints

Thankyou I will contact her tomorrow.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (502)
37.86%
No - but I will (101)
7.62%
No - I don't want to (91)
6.86%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (632)
47.66%

Watched Threads