The Student Room Group

wjec psychology

I was wondering what's the best way to revise. I feel alot of pressure trying to maintain standards in class but I know it's the exam that really matters.
I'm keen on getting advice from a2 students or anyone that could really help. I have already got together a folder but I need to actually UNDERSTAND the info first. :rolleyes:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by meganwalker
I was wondering what's the best way to revise. I feel alot of pressure trying to maintain standards in class but I know it's the exam that really matters.
I'm keen on getting advice from a2 students or anyone that could really help. I have already got together a folder but I need to actually UNDERSTAND the info first. :rolleyes:

Hello, I'm in A2 psychology (WJEC) so I know your pain and I understand how you feel- as I felt the same!
For py1- I used flash cards! I wrote down the assumptions, theory, therapy and so on for each approach on flash cards colour coordinated etc. I was predicted A's for py1, I unfortunately came out with a C but we are getting paper back and our whole 6 form flunked that one.
Py2- what I did is go on a website called getrevising.com or something like that, it's £4.99 a month and there is tons of stuff out there!!! Whole essays and pages of revision are on there, absolutely loads. I printed off everything I could find in one month and sorted it all out and revised from that. It is good to have each core study properly laid out aims/context/procedures/findings etc and just read it, test yourself.

Also I made songs for both! And made up stories. Made up stories about washoe the chimp and a song about Hans Selye Gas Model to the theme of gas pedal haha!

Soon enough you will find yourself getting more and more used to the stuff, and focus hard on the things you don't understand, even if you don't wanna even look at it. Every day I went to school, came home, revised, had breaks but always revised. I had one day off at weekends to restore my sanity- because that is vital! Do not let it ruin your life because you need sleep, a proper meal, social events and possibly even a part time job just to completely take your mind off it because I can't stress enough how letting it take over is not good. I have a friend who is super smart, however in revision / exam time she never gave herself breaks, didn't eat properly, never slept, never saw her friends or boyfriend and completely ruined exams she was predicted As in. I'm not saying go out all the time, have a good work life balance!
Massive good luck, keep calm and don't worry, maintaining standards in lessons is good, but not as good as acing exams! If you ever feel yourself slipping, email your teacher (I don't know how understanding they are) and say look I'm stressed to the max could you send me today's work and I will do it at home and send it back to them, just to release pressure of lessons. I did that the other day.

Hope this has helped with not only psychology but also alevels in general. In the middle of A2 now and finding it difficult but will persevere! All the best
Yasmin

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by meganwalker

Oo forgot to add- got a couple marks off full marks with that revision for py2. :smile::smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by yasminkarabasic
Hello, I'm in A2 psychology (WJEC) so I know your pain and I understand how you feel- as I felt the same!
For py1- I used flash cards! I wrote down the assumptions, theory, therapy and so on for each approach on flash cards colour coordinated etc. I was predicted A's for py1, I unfortunately came out with a C but we are getting paper back and our whole 6 form flunked that one.
Py2- what I did is go on a website called getrevising.com or something like that, it's £4.99 a month and there is tons of stuff out there!!! Whole essays and pages of revision are on there, absolutely loads. I printed off everything I could find in one month and sorted it all out and revised from that. It is good to have each core study properly laid out aims/context/procedures/findings etc and just read it, test yourself.

Also I made songs for both! And made up stories. Made up stories about washoe the chimp and a song about Hans Selye Gas Model to the theme of gas pedal haha!

Soon enough you will find yourself getting more and more used to the stuff, and focus hard on the things you don't understand, even if you don't wanna even look at it. Every day I went to school, came home, revised, had breaks but always revised. I had one day off at weekends to restore my sanity- because that is vital! Do not let it ruin your life because you need sleep, a proper meal, social events and possibly even a part time job just to completely take your mind off it because I can't stress enough how letting it take over is not good. I have a friend who is super smart, however in revision / exam time she never gave herself breaks, didn't eat properly, never slept, never saw her friends or boyfriend and completely ruined exams she was predicted As in. I'm not saying go out all the time, have a good work life balance!
Massive good luck, keep calm and don't worry, maintaining standards in lessons is good, but not as good as acing exams! If you ever feel yourself slipping, email your teacher (I don't know how understanding they are) and say look I'm stressed to the max could you send me today's work and I will do it at home and send it back to them, just to release pressure of lessons. I did that the other day.

Hope this has helped with not only psychology but also alevels in general. In the middle of A2 now and finding it difficult but will persevere! All the best
Yasmin

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you so much! That's reassuring. I like that you made a song using the gas model haha. I think I'll start re writing my notes so I understand and then I'll condense it using flash cards and different layout techniques

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending