Turn on thread page Beta

Where do you work? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    So what companies do you all work for.

I'm with Tesco and have been for 16 months.

ReputationRep:
    Also with tesco for 27 months.

ReputationRep:
    What Department you in? I'm at checkouts (hate it). Before I transfered to a store close to Uni I was in Produce and loved it (lol).

ReputationRep:
    I have been working at my local Tesco Supermarket for around 14 months now. I tend to work on a myriad of departments, from Checkouts, to Cash Office, to Hardware to Health and Beauty. I love them all

ReputationRep:
    I mainly work on checkouts but when i can get the overtime on non food i go there. I hate being on checkouts, we always get done by trading standards and the managers are *****.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by red_Rose)
    I mainly work on checkouts but when i can get the overtime on non food i go there. I hate being on checkouts, we always get done by trading standards and the managers are *****.
    I actually prefer Checkouts in comparison to Non Food. For me Checkouts are much more extreme in what is expected of you, one minute you could be bored mindless with little customers and excessive amounts of staff, then the next you can be barraged with lines upon lines of customers with First Class Service calls ringing in your ear, as well as the aggravated tones of irate customers and stressed Duty Managers.

As far as Trading Standards go (I am assuming you mean test purchases for items such as Alcohol, knives and medication etc ... ) I tend to just adopt the policy of if they look anything around 21 then ALWAYS ask. I ended up asking that 32 year old Spaniard before, i put it down to his youthful skin!

ReputationRep:
    Because of the shifts i work i always end up on self service tills and get shouted at because customers dont have to use a pin or anything, they have no clue what their doing and people who've ate/drank the food going round the shop who end up causing me endless problems.

Non food is where its at

ReputationRep:
    I work in an office/call cnetre place.I like it.I worked there fulltime for 1 year after my degree, then decided to go part time and go back touni

ReputationRep:
    currys.digital

ReputationRep:
    Next.

ReputationRep:
    St. James's Place.

ReputationRep:
    Sainsbury's on checkouts, whoo.

ReputationRep:
    Irwin mitchell law firm-1 month

ReputationRep:
    I've just started at tesco in non food department.

I've replaced a guy who stole games, dvds, cds, dvd player, telly, clothes, etc. they reckon he stole about £3000 in goods in 4 months working there. also he made £45 calls from the in-store phone. He was working by himself in the department at night so no-one was there to keep an eye on him. the management only caught him cos he left his locker open with the swag on display.

Apparantly they tried to get him in trouble with the police but its not a criminal matter.

Anyways i've enjoyed working their as a lot of my mates on the weekend nightshift as well

ReputationRep:
    It is a criminal matter - theft.

I have seen people sacked for stealing from the tills - way less than 3k tho.

I also work at Tesco - 5 years now - all while I was a student - currently looking to leave for full time work tho.

ReputationRep:
    just started working at BHS.

ReputationRep:
    High and Mighty, general sales and personal shopper.

ReputationRep:
    I just started work at Argos

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eatingbakedpotato)
    I've just started at tesco in non food department.

I've replaced a guy who stole games, dvds, cds, dvd player, telly, clothes, etc. they reckon he stole about £3000 in goods in 4 months working there. also he made £45 calls from the in-store phone. He was working by himself in the department at night so no-one was there to keep an eye on him. the management only caught him cos he left his locker open with the swag on display.

Apparantly they tried to get him in trouble with the police but its not a criminal matter.

Anyways i've enjoyed working their as a lot of my mates on the weekend nightshift as well
    More like they [police] couldn't be bothered. There was someone who worked at my store and too £500 from a till over 3 weeks - she was arrested by the police at work. There was another staff member who was stealing alcohol (stole about £700), again, he was arrested at work by the police. Theft is a criminal offence - tesco could also sue in a Civil Court.

ReputationRep:
    Just started in Footlocker

Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.