Can I get kicked out of Uni? Watch

dznye
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I've come to terms that I'm not the biggest fan of the course I'm doing, the area I live, and I suppose I could also say the University itself. Next year I want to attend a different University back at home and study a different course, and I'll start from year one again with a course which I feel I could excel in, as well as enjoy. But my only worry is that the lack of motivation I have to currently attend and show an interest in something I dislike may result in losing my place on the course and at the University. I've had a pretty tough year and I thought moving away would help but as I moved away it seemed I lost the ability to communicate, and seemed to get anxiety. Which is silly because thats not like me, and definitely won't be letting it get in the way next year.

As weird as it sounds not wanting to be on the course, yet wanting to keep my place till the first year is over it's mainly down to accommodation contracts and financial constraints that I, my family, or my guarantor for the accommodation contract won't be able to afford.

I have assumed that because I'm paying for the course I will only be kicked off if I do something illegal?
SophieSmall
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Depends on your university, some universities will kick you off your course over your attendance or not going to exams or doing coursework.
Klix88
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by dznye)

I have assumed that because I'm paying for the course I will only be kicked off if I do something illegal?
The uni can withdraw you from your course at any time if they think there's a serious risk of you failing. It's better for their stats if students they see as no-hopers are recorded as dropouts, rather than limping to the end of their degrees and appearing as fails.

Check out the number of posts in this TSR section just today, from panicking students who are being summoned to academic meetings about poor attendance. We're getting towards the end of the first term and unis are starting to weed out those who've failed to engage with their courses.

If you want to start a new degree next year, your new uni might expect an academic reference from your current uni. Even if you don't intend to continue with your current degree, you might think about how you're going to look in future.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (302)
37.47%
No - but I will (61)
7.57%
No - I don't want to (60)
7.44%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (383)
47.52%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed