*need urgent help* sfe application Watch

AeTheCrash
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi guys, first of all sorry for the caps on the title but it's an urgent issue that I need to solve asap! I'm Italian and I've been living in the uk since 2009, I applied for SFE and they told me I have to fill the "UK residency form", the problem is, they want proof that I have been living at my current address for the past 3 years (which I have), but the issue is that:

-Child benefit stopped coming through for me 3 years ago
-Every single bill is on my mothers name
-I have no P60's or any other work related document
-I opened a bank account 1.5 years ago (I have on line banking only)

Also, I did 3 years at college, in 2 different college's, I visited the first one and I asked them to give me a confirmation of my stay there but including my address, the issue is that the letter has a big fat disclaimer that states "This letter must NOT be used for any residency evidence".

I sent the letter today along with the form, I tried ringing my other college and they told me they would ring me back, and they didn't ... I will ring them myself tomorrow.

My question is:

What evidence can I send to get me through this?

Also, why didn't my friend who's polish get a UK residency form and he's been living for 8 years? Doesn't make any sense, I asked SFE whether there was an error, they said no.

I hope someone can help me here.

Thanks.
Klix88
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
How old are you? Your name may be on the Council Tax records for some of that time.

If you've been registered with a GP or dentist, SF might accept a confirmation letter from them (check first).
AeTheCrash
Rep:
?
(Original post by Klix88)
How old are you? Your name may be on the Council Tax records for some of that time.

If you've been registered with a GP or dentist, SF might accept a confirmation letter from them (check first).

21, even if it was on my mothers name?

I spoke with SF 2 months ago, asked them several times about a letter from my GP and they said they won't accept it, however I spoke with a guy yesterday from SF and he said they will which is wierd
Klix88
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by AeTheCrash)
21, even if it was on my mothers name?
If you're 18 or over, your name should be on the Council Tax register. Each year, you mother will have received a letter asking her to state how many people live at her address and the names of the adults. You need to check with her that she's done that and whether she's kept any records sent by the council. If she hasn't kept the records, you should be able to get copies from the council.

[/QUOTE]I spoke with SF 2 months ago, asked them several times about a letter from my GP and they said they won't accept it, however I spoke with a guy yesterday from SF and he said they will which is wierd[/QUOTE]
Unfortunately SF advisors have varying levels of experience and you may get different answers from different people. Try to get confirmation that they would accept a GP letter, in writing.
AeTheCrash
Rep:
?
If you're 18 or over, your name should be on the Council Tax register. Each year, you mother will have received a letter asking her to state how many people live at her address and the names of the adults. You need to check with her that she's done that and whether she's kept any records sent by the council. If she hasn't kept the records, you should be able to get copies from the council.
I spoke with SF 2 months ago, asked them several times about a letter from my GP and they said they won't accept it, however I spoke with a guy yesterday from SF and he said they will which is wierd[/QUOTE]
Unfortunately SF advisors have varying levels of experience and you may get different answers from different people. Try to get confirmation that they would accept a GP letter, in writing.[/QUOTE]

Thank you! I will check it as soon as I get home.

Any issue is my NI number which never came through when I turned 16, however I phoned up HMR and they told me on their records, and I was asked to complete the CA5403 form, do you have any idea on how long it takes for the NI number to come through?

Thanks again
Klix88
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Sorry, I'm afraid I don't know anything about NI numbers. Hopefully someone else can help.
AeTheCrash
Rep:
?
Sorry, I'm afraid I don't know anything about NI numbers. Hopefully someone else can help.
I just phoned them up again, and now they are saying that they might not accept the letter from my GP as primary evidence, so I decided to phone up my college and they told me they cannot write me a letter prooving that I have been living at my address because they don't do any "Background checks", and apparently SFE only accepts:

-Bills
-P60's
-Child benefits
-Tax letters

Any idea what else could have my name on it?

Who is the person on this forum that works for SFE?
Klix88
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
To get a reply from an SF rep if you're living in England, you need to repost in the Ask Student Finance England section under the Student Financial Support section.
Tiger Rag
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
WAs your name on the tenance agreement?

I wonder if they'd accept child benefit letters from when your mother received it for you?
parentlurker
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
do you have a passport and have you been out of the country at all? If so and it's only for short periods it shows you've been in Britain. Have you had a provisional driving license? Despite saying it can't be used to prove residency the college letter will help as would anything from gp and/or dentist. I would also send child benefit letters. Any other respectable perrson who knows you well - priest maybe?

Your Polish friend may have records showing him as here - tax credit claims or something.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (191)
39.63%
No - but I will (29)
6.02%
No - I don't want to (33)
6.85%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (229)
47.51%

Watched Threads