Sleeping pills? Watch

SoniaTwizere
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hey everyone!

I'll be doing night shifts at work, although I struggle with sleeping. Especially during the day. It takes me roughly 1/2 hours to actually fall asleep and once I wake up, I can't go back to sleep.

Was wondering if anyone knew of any good sleeping pills? And where I can buy them from?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Mimir
  • Forum Helper
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Zopiclone is a good one for insomnia, but you'll need to see your Doctor for that.

I've heard good things about Boots' own brand sleeping tablets.
ulteriorm0tive
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Zopiclone / Zolpidem / Diazepam / all other benzodiazapenes are the most effective types of medication for sleep; however, these are very addictive and can play havoc with your natural sleep pattern if you end up relying on them. Talk to your doctor and explain the situation you're in, if he / she prescribes you any of the above use them every other day.

EDIT: As stated above, Boots and other pharmacies sell natural remedies which can help, I'd try those first before resorting to prescribed medication.
Kabloomybuzz
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
You could consider trying melatonin supplements. This is the hormone that your body naturally produces when its getting sleepy, dark is one of the things that triggers and its possible that trying to sleep in the daytime isn't helping with this... so some blackout curtains could also help some
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (249)
38.97%
No - but I will (44)
6.89%
No - I don't want to (47)
7.36%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (299)
46.79%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed