Male "*****y Resting Face" Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Yes, I'm aware that this will probably get laughed at/with but tbh I don't really mind.

Does anyone have any advice on how to sort it when you have the male version of a "*****y Resting Face", that thing where your face looks upset, angry, tired, drunk or all 4 at the same time, despite the fact you're just normally content, not ecstatic, not sad? This video might should explain it:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=3v98CPXNiSk

Even when my face is just normal at it's "Meh" level, I get people telling me to smile, cheer up, saying "It's not that bad!", or asking if I'm ill, why I'm tired or if I'm drunk. I didn't really mind before but this has got more and more frequent and it :O 's me off every time. I can't exactly walk around with a forced Cheshire cat grin all the time as that just looks creepy. I'm hardly going to have a massive grin absolutely all the time when I'm working or doing other mundane activities like "OMG YAY WAITING FOR THE KETTLE TO BOIL!!!"

Any advice?
SophieSmall
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm the same man, it sucks. I can't really offer any advice because I still have resting ***** face syndrome. I try to smile but it just looks fake and weird unless I'm actually smiling at something or laughing.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by SophieSmall)
I'm the same man, it sucks. I can't really offer any advice because I still have resting ***** face syndrome. I try to smile but it just looks fake and weird unless I'm actually smiling at something or laughing.
Sabertooth
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Some guy on my hockey team has this. I thought for ages he hated me but it turns out he just has one of those faces.

I don't really think you can do anything about it. Maybe try being extra friendly with new people so they don't think you hate them?
ChaoticButterfly
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I think I have resting miserable face syndrome. There is nothing more annoying than being told to cheer up when I feel fine. Just **** off and leave me alone!
mollyxrose
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm the exact same, always getting told to smile/cheer up and it's so frustrating. I only really smile when I'm talking to someone - I'd find it strange to be sat smiling while doing work or whatever
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (446)
37.93%
No - but I will (88)
7.48%
No - I don't want to (80)
6.8%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (562)
47.79%

Watched Threads