Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have good ideas as to what to write about science - particularly from a social point of view:
    like errr... physics with religion, problems of creationism, etc... anybody - it's quite urgent

ReputationRep:
    What do you need it for? An essay or a talk perhaps?
    That'd give us an idea of the depth you're after.

ReputationRep:
    it's for an article...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Photios)
    Does anyone have good ideas as to what to write about science - particularly from a social point of view:
    like errr... physics with religion, problems of creationism, etc... anybody - it's quite urgent
    For my choice module last year, I wrote an essay about insulin... In it, I wrote a long chapter about how someone was treated before insulin and compared it to how someone treated after insulin was invented...

You could do something similar looking at how scientific breakthroughs effects society... maybe if you look at the pill or something like that it'll be more 'social'...

ReputationRep:
    hi there revenged thanks for the ideas - already have a few from a biological point of view - but I need something to do with the physical sciences....

ReputationRep:
    Droping things: Gravity's fault or the person that drops it's fault???

a question I've pondered many a time :rolleyes:

*edit*

Woohoooooo, 1000th post

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Photios)
    hi there revenged thanks for the ideas - already have a few from a biological point of view - but I need something to do with the physical sciences....
    You could talk about pharmaceticals (it is chemistry) and their imact on society - which is massive...

Male impotency, ADHD and loads of other "illnesses" were almost unheard off before Glaxo (and other drug companies) found a drug for these "illnesses"... and now they are common and well known...

Or you could talk about drug abuse... My first choice for my choice modules this year is all about junkies... Naturally, it has a posh title though...

ReputationRep:
    physicallllllllllll

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.