Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hiya,

right now now I am so confused if I will get any offers or not, basically I am doing alevels as an external candidate however because I am doing my AS and A2 together they both have to be predicted, I'm doing biology, chemistry and maths, which my reference is predicting me AAB for my AS and A2........ My GCSEs are C and above and also I have got an MPP for medical science.... I am applying to neuroscience .... Would I get an offer or a straight rejection because I don't have my AS grades ..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bybella)
    Hiya,

right now now I am so confused if I will get any offers or not, basically I am doing alevels as an external candidate however because I am doing my AS and A2 together they both have to be predicted, I'm doing biology, chemistry and maths, which my reference is predicting me AAB for my AS and A2........ My GCSEs are C and above and also I have got an MPP for medical science.... I am applying to neuroscience .... Would I get an offer or a straight rejection because I don't have my AS grades ..
    It depends. This may be tricky for universities as you do not have your As grades. Why not check with them to see what they will say? Ideally i think universities will need your As grades and A2 predictions to give you an offer as they evidence of some sort.

ReputationRep:
    Hiya,

May i ask why you are doing As and A2 together? Is that not tricky and confusing as you will need to understand As first before proceeding for A2.

Good luck and hope for the best

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by German123)
    May i ask why you are doing As and A2 together? Is that not tricky and confusing as you will need to understand As first before proceeding for A2.

Hiya, I am completing it in a year because that was the best option for me, I have called up 2 universities and they said that If my predicted grades are fine then they will give me an offer but I don't know if they're 100% trust worthy plus I have already explained on my personal statement on why I'm doing my alevels and why I'm actually doing it in a year so on so on but I'm just so scared

ReputationRep:

And also people do complete AS and A2 in a year, it's just you have to give it your all, past papers, memorising and problem solving

ReputationRep:
    And also people do complete AS and A2 in a year, it's just you have to give it your all, past papers, memorising and problem solving
    Yes i know people do that but i do not think that is safe.

ReputationRep:
    Hiya, I am completing it in a year because that was the best option for me, I have called up 2 universities and they said that If my predicted grades are fine then they will give me an offer but I don't know if they're 100% trust worthy plus I have already explained on my personal statement on why I'm doing my alevels and why I'm actually doing it in a year so on so on but I'm just so scared
    Since you said that two universities stated that if your predicted grades are fine and since you have also stated your reasons on your personal statement then you should hope for the best as i cannot give you the exact answer.

Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    Why did you write your circumstances on your personal statement? is that not a waste of space as you are suppose to be writing about why you want to do a particular course? I though things like personal circumstances ought to be written on your reference from your school?

ReputationRep:
    Hiya,

Always Remember "Winners are to busy to be sad, to positive to be doubtful, to optimistic to be fearful, and too determined to be defeated."

ReputationRep:
    Why did you write your circumstances on your personal statement? is that not a waste of space as you are suppose to be writing about why you want to do a particular course? I though things like personal circumstances ought to be written on your reference from your school?
    Ohh no not my circumstances I've just stated that I'm doing my alevels in a year and my decision for this was because of the course I am applying for, it's only like 3 lines the rest is about neuroscience and what got me so interested about it, what I've done and what I'm doing and so on but thank you for all your replies

ReputationRep:
    Ohh no not my circumstances I've just stated that I'm doing my alevels in a year and my decision for this was because of the course I am applying for, it's only like 3 lines the rest is about neuroscience and what got me so interested about it, what I've done and what I'm doing and so on but thank you for all your replies
    Ok.....no prob...

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.