How did people find OCR Physics B?

Watch
This discussion is closed.
Tednol
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Ok well the first paper was a joke. I actually laughed out loud a few times... has anyone done an exam that easy since GCSEs?

The second paper was a lot harder. I had to bull**** my way through a few questions. Think I did ok, but I actually had to work and I didn't like it!

Ed
Guest Rob
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
I thought they were fine. The first paper was great, the second one was harder but still fine, I reckon. The only one I didn't know about was the electromagnetic choke.
Jac
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
is physics B much easier than the normal syllabus? whats the difference?
Bigcnee
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
The first paper was actually quite insulting. After spending days revising for this test, I was angry at how the past papers/ specification papers had mislead me.

The second one was slightly harder, but relatively forward nonetheless.
Tednol
Rep:
?
No it's not meant to be any easier. You get an A level at the end of it anyway. It's just a slightly different course, covering different areas in a different way to OCR A.
DanB
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
First paper was OK, second was impossible!
Guest Rob
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
How did people find the time pressures in this exam? My biggest threat came from the clock - 1 hr 10 mins is far too short for an exam, I finished with all but 30 seconds left on both papers.
Tednol
Rep:
?
Time wise in the first paper I finished with 15 minutes to spare. Second paper I finished as we were told to put our pens down.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
The first paper truly was an insult, asking you to calculate something and then giving you the answer, the formula and any constants made the paper even lower than GCSE paper. i finished in about 30 mins and checked several times that there were not pages missing. could have done that paper with no revision at all.

the second paper seemed hard at first becuase the questions required some thought unlike any of the first paper, but i still found it pretty easy except for the steady flow of energy from uranium fission question.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
I thought both papers were incredibly easy. I finished them both with at least 20 mins to spare. I sat 4 in jan and didnt really do very well but this time it was like sitting as As module. There was too many hints throughout the papers to ensure you got the correct answer. With no revision and a slight amount of mathmatical knowledge the majority of the questions were answerable.

As many other people thought it was easy I hope that I havnt made too many silly mistakes, as there is going to be a lot of people with high marks.

Looking to the synoptic paper on thursday I hope it is as straight forward as papers 4 and 5.

Tom C
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Had lockdown impacted your relationships?

Yes, my partner and I are struggling (41)
7.84%
Yes, my partner and I broke up (41)
7.84%
Yes, it's hard being around my family so much (125)
23.9%
Yes, I'm feeling lonely isolating alone (73)
13.96%
No, nothing has changed (160)
30.59%
No, it's helped improve my relationships (83)
15.87%

Watched Threads