The Student Room Group
University of Essex
University of Essex
Colchester
Visit website

University of Essex 2015 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by M_n27
Omg no ahha, they mention on the letter you're not expected to dress formally but I thought they were trying to catch us out, so I wore a dress and a blazer. Literally every other applicant came in jeans and trainers lol the guys dressed smart casual, like jeans and smart shoes and smart shirt, but the girls there were all in jeans and trainers and hoodies I felt so out of place Ahah

Posted from TSR Mobile

Personally, I wouldn't feel right attending a Law interview and wearing a hoodie lmao :colondollar:
University of Essex
University of Essex
Colchester
Visit website
Original post by M_n27
Omg no ahha, they mention on the letter you're not expected to dress formally but I thought they were trying to catch us out, so I wore a dress and a blazer. Literally every other applicant came in jeans and trainers lol the guys dressed smart casual, like jeans and smart shoes and smart shirt, but the girls there were all in jeans and trainers and hoodies I felt so out of place Ahah

Posted from TSR Mobile

People on my interview did
Reply 182
Original post by bluemonkey100
Personally, I wouldn't feel right attending a Law interview and wearing a hoodie lmao :colondollar:

Lool yeah, I don't advice it, just dress smart casual :smile: what you said you're going to wear before sounds good :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 183
Original post by angelfox
People on my interview did

The interviewer didn't really mind what people were wearing, at least not in my group :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anybody going to the applicant day on Saturday? I'm coming from Manchester!
I know this may sound dumb but is it specified by Essex whether the interviews would be group or individual? For me it just says I've been invited to an interview so I'm not sure :frown:
Original post by bluemonkey100
I know this may sound dumb but is it specified by Essex whether the interviews would be group or individual? For me it just says I've been invited to an interview so I'm not sure :frown:

yeah it would be specified, check your emails and stuff if youre unsure. Mine just said interview and it was a one to one interview

Also, for law from what i saw on the day, they had their interviews first instead of the usual campus tour and talks then interviews after :biggrin:
(edited 9 years ago)
Are there interviews for accounting and finance/economics ?
Original post by Toto123
Are there interviews for accounting and finance/economics ?

I don't think so, all my friends who applied for economics got straight offers.
Anyone going to the experience Essex thing this Saturday? :3
I'm going to study a degree @ Colchester institute:smile: anyone else doing degrees there & thinking of living on campus as theres so many halls to choose from but tempted by the meadows which is like 10mins away I think. Oh the joys of finding somewhere decent.
Original post by Sapphire20
I'm going to study a degree @ Colchester institute:smile: anyone else doing degrees there & thinking of living on campus as theres so many halls to choose from but tempted by the meadows which is like 10mins away I think. Oh the joys of finding somewhere decent.

Studying politics and modern history at Colchester and also thinking about the meadows, looks pretty nice but then again the towers look like a laugh for the first year too...oh decisions!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Chlomc
Anyone going to the experience Essex thing this Saturday? :3

I am! not sure what to expect though :/ what are you studying?
Reply 193
Hi, I've just received an offer for genetics. Who else is in this course? What do you think?
Has anyone else got an interview or applied for MSc Physiotherapy pre-registration course? I have an interview in April but can't seem to find anyone else with one!!
I have an interview for Law on the 22nd of April, I'm really looking forward to visiting Essex! I already have offers from Portsmouth, Greenwich and Canterbury Christ Church (defo not going there tho). I'm still waiting to hear from Kent, as a sat an admissions test the other day. Does anyone have tips for the Law interview, as it involves a problem solving exercise?

I put Essex as my firm on Friday, how do I do accommodation now?
Reply 197
I have an interview workshop on April 22nd for English Literature. I'm so worried as I'm a mature student (well hopefully!) and I'm still a little bit rusty as it has been a while. Has any other mature students been to a workshop for English?
Original post by angelfox
I put Essex as my firm on Friday, how do I do accommodation now?

You will find full details here: http://essex.ac.uk/accommodation/apply/default.aspx

Basically, you need to create a myEssex applicant portal (instructions are on the page above) and in about 48 hours you should see a link in the myLiving section of your portal that will let you apply for accommodation. The application process itself is really easy, a couple of steps and you're done.
Once your application has gone through you'll get an e-mail confirmation. Keep an eye on your spam folder though; my daughter's confirmation went straight in there.
got an offer for AAB for business management and marketing.. thinking on going to this uni, but hows the uni? like overall?

Quick Reply

Latest