Lied to the club president I joined to his face and now I need to go back Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi

I recently joined a club and after a few meetings the club president asked for my assistance at a event. At that time I thought I would go and said "Yes".

Unfortunately due to me being a d***head I did not turn up to the event to assist them which left another member having to do all the work her self. The club president then talked to me to find out why I did not turn up to the event to which I blatantly lied in his face and kept on lieing whilst he was watching me in fear. As the meeting closed I asked him "do you need any help with packing up" to which he responded "No, thanks don't worry about".

Subsequently I then left the club and now I really need to go back. The person who had to do all her work by her self at the event has now been promoted to a higher up position in the club as well.

When I done this I had no social skills and did not really understand what I was doing and the effects it would have.

How would I go about dealing with this?
Anonymous #2
Report 4 years ago
mate youre ****ed just leave the club
username877577
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Apologise and offer to help out with more things, don't take no for an answer.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Olympiad)
Apologise and offer to help out with more things, don't take no for an answer.
Thanks Olympiad for your response

How would I apologise to the person I was suppose to help out? Directly saying to her "I am sorry" or when I bump into her say "Sorry" as people do when they let down other people so she gets the hint.
DErasmus
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
It depends on how they behave, some like the modest: 'Sorry, it was my bad' some will exploit you for it so you have to watch it really, apologise but don't let them use this as a grudge to make you do excessive stuff and not reap the rewards of it.
anosmianAcrimony
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I read that as "Lied to the club president; I joined to his face; and now I need to go back." which caused me to wonder how you joined to his face and what that even means.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by anosmianAcrimony)
I read that as "Lied to the club president; I joined to his face; and now I need to go back." which caused me to wonder how you joined to his face and what that even means.
Sorry

"Joined a club, lied to the club president to his face and now I need to go back".
anosmianAcrimony
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Sorry

"Joined a club, lied to the club president to his face and now I need to go back".
Yeah, I realised. =P
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (502)
37.86%
No - but I will (101)
7.62%
No - I don't want to (91)
6.86%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (632)
47.66%

Watched Threads