The Student Room Group

Exam stress and depression help

I'm stressing about exams already and we have l like 6-7 till them but i think time is going by too quickly at the moment the only reason is that i'm worried I wont do well like last year but this year im going to start revising from Jan and work my hardest im worried that wont be enough time to cover everything im so hopeless ive become depressed about doing badly last year too I will have 12 exams in the summer (7 A2+5AS) 4 maths 1 is a retake, 4 chem 2 are retakes, 4 bio 2 are retakes, Wjec maths, Ocr bio, Edexcel chem, and im worried I wont be able to spread out my revision and do well my parents say dont worry just do the best you can do starting from Jan but im still stressed and depressed please could you guys give me some advice I hope all of you are fine and doing well.
Reply 1
First things first, relax your titties. Panicking won't help (easier said than done, I know) but you need to calm it down or its going to harm your studies.

January is a good time to start seeing as you have more exams than I did and it gives you plenty of time to prepare.

for now I'd just go over matieral you have learnt so far in class and get a grasp of the matieral and you're already in the groove come January.

Remember don't panic, you've plenty of time to prepare.

Good luck, I hope you do well.
Reply 2
Original post by Ciranore
First things first, relax your titties. Panicking won't help (easier said than done, I know) but you need to calm it down or its going to harm your studies.

January is a good time to start seeing as you have more exams than I did and it gives you plenty of time to prepare.

for now I'd just go over matieral you have learnt so far in class and get a grasp of the matieral and you're already in the groove come January.

Remember don't panic, you've plenty of time to prepare.

Good luck, I hope you do well.

Thank you I know I can do it but when I think about it I become more stressed I'm basically doing 3 A2's 2 AS's and a maths module. I don't know when to start hardcore revision or when to start going over my AS stuff and I worry soo much about not having enough time because it's going by so quickly but 4 months and 20 days seems good im just worried it isnt enough and I go through my notes after topics most of the time I just dont wanna end up being lazy like last year ty for the reply though.
I would say for the exams your retaking, go over the material by a revision guide and skim through it and then start doing past papers because you recently did these exams and so it should be fresh in your mind and you might just need the past papers to trigger your memories. For your A2's for now just start learning the information. Right now Im revising for my Retakes for 4 A2 exams and 1 AS Retake. For chemistry I'm mostly going over past papers and question I get wrong I look on the internet how to work it out so I know in the future how to tackle similar questions. For Biology this time round I'm learning a chapter and then answering all the question for that topic by going through all the past papers, because for AQA biology its all about learning the mark scheme its a good way of learning what exactly is needed from you for each question.

Hope that Helps.
Reply 4
Thanks Haseeb
if i was you i would start note taking now- i am retaking 6 modules 4 a2 2 as and have started note taking already. i have also copied out answers and looked at mark scheme/examiners reports but i will do more of these around march/april time aswell. from january onwards i am going to go over my notes and memorise my essay questions in addition to tackling past papers and looking at examiners reports to tailor my answers. its never to early to start.
Reply 6
Original post by neal95
if i was you i would start note taking now- i am retaking 6 modules 4 a2 2 as and have started note taking already. i have also copied out answers and looked at mark scheme/examiners reports but i will do more of these around march/april time aswell. from january onwards i am going to go over my notes and memorise my essay questions in addition to tackling past papers and looking at examiners reports to tailor my answers. its never to early to start.

Thanks for the reply ive done some note taking but not a whole lot
I would say get into a working routine now and learn all the content of the modules you are taking, then use past papers. Just remember past papers are what's going to get you the top marks in the exam. Also, prioritise A2's as you've already done AS exams.

Hope that helped
Reply 8
Original post by H.Ibrahim
I would say get into a working routine now and learn all the content of the modules you are taking, then use past papers. Just remember past papers are what's going to get you the top marks in the exam. Also, prioritise A2's as you've already done AS exams.

Hope that helped
i did bad in my AS exams i dont know how im going to do well in both my a2's and as exams how big of a working routine too and thanks for the reply :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by Awais117
I'm stressing about exams already and we have l like 6-7 till them but i think time is going by too quickly at the moment the only reason is that i'm worried I wont do well like last year but this year im going to start revising from Jan and work my hardest im worried that wont be enough time to cover everything im so hopeless ive become depressed about doing badly last year too I will have 12 exams in the summer (7 A2+5AS) 4 maths 1 is a retake, 4 chem 2 are retakes, 4 bio 2 are retakes, Wjec maths, Ocr bio, Edexcel chem, and im worried I wont be able to spread out my revision and do well my parents say dont worry just do the best you can do starting from Jan but im still stressed and depressed please could you guys give me some advice I hope all of you are fine and doing well.

I feel like that I'm so stressed and I cibstantly feel sick, I suffer from anxiety so I isually tend to do badly in exams and the worst thing is I know my stuff. It's my first year and I'm clueless
Reply 10
Thank you I know I can do it but when I think about it I become more stressed I'm basically doing 3 A2's 2 AS's and a maths module. I don't know when to start hardcore revision or when to start going over my AS stuff and I worry soo much about not having enough time because it's going by so quickly but 4 months and 20 days seems good im just worried it isnt enough and I go through my notes after topics most of the time I just dont wanna end up being lazy like last year ty for the reply though.

Don't worry my brother wanted to do his As levels in one year so his As and A2 this was two years ago. Everybody told him he's stupid and will fail
He came out with 2A* and an A
m'A
Don't worry you'll be fine
Reply 11
Original post by kira1
Don't worry my brother wanted to do his As levels in one year so his As and A2 this was two years ago. Everybody told him he's stupid and will fail
He came out with 2A* and an A
m'A
Don't worry you'll be fine

Thanks for the advice I hope you do as well as him :smile: also if you know your stuff and still do badly its probably because of your exam technique just keep on doing past papers and you'll be fine only do them once you know everything though if that still doesnt work then talk to your teachers about it asap good luck :biggrin:
Also if you dont mind me asking what subjects did your brother do and how many exams did he have if you dont know dont worry about it :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 12
Thanks for the advice I hope you do as well as him :smile: also if you know your stuff and still do badly its probably because of your exam technique just keep on doing past papers and you'll be fine only do them once you know everything though if that still doesnt work then talk to your teachers about it asap good luck :biggrin:
Also if you dont mind me asking what subjects did your brother do and how many exams did he have if you dont know dont worry about it :smile:

He did physics mathematics and biology
Thank you for that how can I overcome the fear of past papers
Very much appreciated 😃
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest