Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I've been talking to this guy since October. He calls me every other day and we text everyday. The texting is instigated by him 98% of the time, we'll talk all day and then he'll sometimes call me.

Before I was happy to see his name appear and now I kinda don't look forward to it. The good morning messages I recieve don't seem sweet anymore, it's so generic. I find myself trying to force a conversation almost and throwing random questions at him for the sake of it, in the end he's usually the one to say he's going to bed and well say goodbye... I feel bad trying to cut the conversation so it drags.

We get on well and exchange jokes here and there, but I'm beginning to think our conversations are either boring or we talk too much. We haven't seen each other in a while too so this could also be an issue aswell I'm not too sure.

Help??

ReputationRep:
    what do you even need help with

you know full well what's going on here

you're bored

that's all there is to it and that's perfectly fine

Why don't you just say, 'I feel like our conversations are getting a bit forced, maybe we should meet up in person for a change?' Then you'll have the chance to see whether you actually have anything to say to each other.

ReputationRep:
    You need to meet up with him. He likes you and is making an effort, but there's only so much you can say via text and via the phone. Also, try not to reply straight away when you talk. I can't talk to anyone 24/7, even if you're my best friend, because quite frankly, my life doesn't move at such a fast pace, and small talk and "so wuup2?" is just soooo boring. When I speak to my bf, it's an hour or so phone call every day in the evening, and we don't text during the day. Or if I'm texting or talking to someone, it would only be a couple of texts per day. By the sounds of things, he's saturating the conversation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kaiju)
    what do you even need help with

you know full well what's going on here

you're bored

that's all there is to it and that's perfectly fine

(Original post by Sulpha)
    Well it's been quite a long period of just talking and texting. By now most people would be officially dating.

You need to just be a bit more distant and blunt in your responses until he gets the impression that you're no longer interested.

(Original post by Anonymous)
    Why don't you just say, 'I feel like our conversations are getting a bit forced, maybe we should meet up in person for a change?' Then you'll have the chance to see whether you actually have anything to say to each other.
    Thanks for the responses everyone.To be honest I find this happens to me a lot. I can't talk to people everyday unless I need to for e.g. at work. Things have been better this past week, I've started to cut the phone conversations short when I feel the need to. We met up last night and it was so much better. I am definitely still interested in him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stargirl63)
    You need to meet up with him. He likes you and is making an effort, but there's only so much you can say via text and via the phone. Also, try not to reply straight away when you talk. I can't talk to anyone 24/7, even if you're my best friend, because quite frankly, my life doesn't move at such a fast pace, and small talk and "so wuup2?" is just soooo boring. When I speak to my bf, it's an hour or so phone call every day in the evening, and we don't text during the day. Or if I'm texting or talking to someone, it would only be a couple of texts per day. By the sounds of things, he's saturating the conversation.
    It was a little difficult because our schedules were clashing. I'm the same as you, I struggle to talk to anyone every single day... I don't mind the texting throughout the day occasionally, but I feel there's nothing left to say in on the phone later on. I started cutting down the conversations and we met up last night and it was tons better. Thank you.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 10, 2014
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.