Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey, im doing a levels Biology, Chemistry and Maths.

And i would like to study either Bio or Chem here or anything relevant to those subjects (e.g Biomed?) but i would like to know the least competitive course in this university. Are all entry standards AAA for all subjects at Camb? and if yes and i get AAA which course do i stand the most chance in getting a place with camb? (e.g i dont have good GCSEs) but i want to got 2 camb! because the university is excellent! i just dont know the course!

thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Well, if you want to study biology or chemistry at Cambridge you will have to apply for Natural Sciences, within which nearly all the sciences are taught. It's one of the most competitive courses at Cambridge, but it'd be wrong to assume you can't get in just because your GCSE grades aren't amazing - many others have managed before you, so you wouldn't be the first! You can also study biomedicine within the Natural Sciences if you tailor your options appropriately - the alternative is to apply for Medicine and train to be a doctor, but this is just as competitive and not a decision to be taken lightly (obviously!).

Oh, and generally speaking AAA at A-level is the minimum requirement, although there may be people who are occasionally accepted with less (don't know anyone personally).

ReputationRep:
    Ditto Benjamin.
    First, decide what *subject* you want to study. Then look at courses at lots of different unis, and see which are most suited to YOU. Cambridge is great, of course, but it's *not* everyone's ideal, and the courses aren't everyone's cup of tea.

Do your research, and if Cam still seems like the place you want to be then go for it!

ReputationRep:
    I really want to go to Cambridge too. I just love the look of all those sparkly towers.

MB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Benjamin885)
    Apply for the bloody course, not the uni. Doubtful you'll get in if it's the other way around.
    Why not, that's exactly what *I* did. I can think of a far nicer course than the one I'm in at the moment.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Benjamin885)
    Apply for the bloody course, not the uni. Doubtful you'll get in if it's the other way around.

What do you base this on? Assuming two courses were closely linked there's no reason why this would be the case at all.

ReputationRep:
    would apply for chem at oxford if i were you, must better ratio

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.