Bangor PGCE Secondary, anyone? Watch

sphealie
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi all, I've been lurking on the education forums for a while but decided to make an account to ask this. I've seen a lot of threads about studying PGCE primary at Bangor, but next to nothing about PGCE secondary. I've just been called in for an interview on the 9th of December (next week!) and I'm super nervous. I've heard that Bangor's interview process is a bit more casual than what you might get at other universities, but still, any information about the process would be appreciated.

I'm hoping to get into PGCE secondary for Art and Design, so any information pertaining to that would be great as well. What types of questions might I be asked at interview? What will the group interview be like? And I have to bring a portfolio in - do I just hand it to them to look over, or should I be prepared to give a discussion about my work as well?

Also, I am an international student from America. I have read that PGCE interviewers commonly ask questions about comparing English and Welsh education systems, but I also heard from an Irish student that he was asked to compare the Irish education system to the Welsh system, so will I be asked to compare American to Welsh, then?

I'm very nervous! Last year I did not get any interviews so I've spent the past year preparing, and now that I suddenly have an interview now after thinking I was hopeless, I'm suddenly terrified (but excited). My apologies for such a long OP, I have so many questions that I have not yet found answers for!
Tyler Bam
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hey, just giving this thread a bump :bump: Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific university or course forum should help you get more responses. :yy:

If you haven’t already found it, then university connect is a really useful way for finding people at your course/university! You can also find a list of applicant threads and courses here.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bangor University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Jun '19
  • Bangor University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 6 Jul '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (551)
37.84%
No - but I will (114)
7.83%
No - I don't want to (102)
7.01%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (689)
47.32%

Watched Threads