Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    If you're feeling dead

ReputationRep:
    temporarily, presuming you're only tired because of being awake a long time.

if there's an underlying issue, which in most cases there is - dehydration or lack of food, for example - it can just make it worse.

i'd recommended steering clear of energy drinks if you're looking for energy as weird as it sounds.

ReputationRep:
    No - the best case scenario, you have increased capacity for a while and then you get tired faster than you would have otherwise

Most of the time read above^

The only substitute for rest is....... rest

ReputationRep:
    Yes, why yes caffeine does wake someone up, it is also a great contributor for high concentration levels.
    Energy pills are great for efficient concentration and alertness, however, high amounts of the consumption will be rather fatal - do not consume on a continuous period, make sure that is sparse.
    But, of course, it is dependent on the micrograms.
    Why you asking OP?
    Some energy pills also contain antidepressants + (mood stabilisers) which contain monoamine oxidase inhibitors and lithium carbonate. The energy pills, I believe, increase connections of neurotransmitters...?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by inachigeek21)
    Yes, why yes caffeine does wake someone up, it is also a great contributor for high concentration levels.
    Energy piles are great for efficient concentration and alertness, however, high amints of the consumption will be rather fatal - do not consume on a continuous period, make sure that is sparse.
    But, of course, it is dependent on the micrograms.
    Why you asking OP?
    Some energy pills also contain antidepressants + (mood stabilisers) which contain monoamine oxidase inhibitors and lithium carbonate.
    Thanks for the lengthy post, need to stay awake to study unfortunately

ReputationRep:
    Yes it can do. With me, it keeps me awake by giving me panic attacks for hours which isn't nice but most people just get a buzz or at least just feel a bit more energized with a can of energy drink. Just be careful and don't over do it if you really must take a high intake of caffeine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spock's Socks)
    Yes it can do. With me, it keeps me awake by giving me panic attacks for hours which isn't nice but most people just get a buzz or at least just feel a bit more energized with a can of energy drink. Just be careful and don't over do it if you really must take a high intake of caffeine.
    I had anxiety and panic when I was having 4+ Coffees a day(people constantly offering it at work). Had to limit it to 2.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.