Does caffeine wake you up / give you boost?

Watch
Summertime112
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
If you're feeling dead
Kaiju
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
temporarily, presuming you're only tired because of being awake a long time.

if there's an underlying issue, which in most cases there is - dehydration or lack of food, for example - it can just make it worse.

i'd recommended steering clear of energy drinks if you're looking for energy as weird as it sounds.
GorlimtheUnhappy
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
No - the best case scenario, you have increased capacity for a while and then you get tired faster than you would have otherwise

Most of the time read above^

The only substitute for rest is....... rest
inachigeek21
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Yes, why yes caffeine does wake someone up, it is also a great contributor for high concentration levels.
Energy pills are great for efficient concentration and alertness, however, high amounts of the consumption will be rather fatal - do not consume on a continuous period, make sure that is sparse.
But, of course, it is dependent on the micrograms.
Why you asking OP?
Some energy pills also contain antidepressants + (mood stabilisers) which contain monoamine oxidase inhibitors and lithium carbonate. The energy pills, I believe, increase connections of neurotransmitters...?
Summertime112
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
(Original post by inachigeek21)
Yes, why yes caffeine does wake someone up, it is also a great contributor for high concentration levels.
Energy piles are great for efficient concentration and alertness, however, high amints of the consumption will be rather fatal - do not consume on a continuous period, make sure that is sparse.
But, of course, it is dependent on the micrograms.
Why you asking OP?
Some energy pills also contain antidepressants + (mood stabilisers) which contain monoamine oxidase inhibitors and lithium carbonate.
Thanks for the lengthy post, need to stay awake to study unfortunately
Rum Ham
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Yes it can do. With me, it keeps me awake by giving me panic attacks for hours which isn't nice but most people just get a buzz or at least just feel a bit more energized with a can of energy drink. Just be careful and don't over do it if you really must take a high intake of caffeine.
INTit
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Spock's Socks)
Yes it can do. With me, it keeps me awake by giving me panic attacks for hours which isn't nice but most people just get a buzz or at least just feel a bit more energized with a can of energy drink. Just be careful and don't over do it if you really must take a high intake of caffeine.
I had anxiety and panic when I was having 4+ Coffees a day(people constantly offering it at work). Had to limit it to 2.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is winning Euro 2020

France (113)
27.56%
England (143)
34.88%
Belgium (31)
7.56%
Germany (41)
10%
Spain (9)
2.2%