The Student Room Group

things keep getting stolen in my flat , think i might be living with a kleptomaniac ?

6 bananas
box of eggs
muffins
bagels
milk
bowl
cheese grater
halfeaten banana in clingfilm
chicken
cereal
big full box of salt

are some examples of stuff thats gone missing
i dont keep my stuff in the kitchen any more , but now and then i forget . i put a bowl or giant pack of bananas in my cupboard for example forget they are there and then later , gone !

its getting ridiculous now it kinda feels like somebodys playing a game of "how much can i steal" or something

you wouldnt just take a whole box of salt , you would take what you need for your dinner , and half a banana wtf!?

its not just me i live with 5 other people and two of them have mentioned stuff going missing im not being targeted personally

but im wondering is this person ridiculously greedy or mabey their actually a kleopto or something

i kind of want to find out whos doing it any ideas how?
this is brilliant, you could get a hidden camera, set it up in the kitchen pointing at the item you plant there to catch the thief and find out who it is. Not only that but of you want to go further than that you could post it on youtube so your fellow students don't fall victim to this person. (that last part is up to you) but yeah Setting up a hidden camera to catch then would be cool. Also, you could leave cheap stuff lying around there on multiple occasions so you have a good amount of evidence when you confront them so they can't say it was a one off or a misunderstanding.
when I say it's brilliant, I don't mean its good that they're stealing your stuff btw, I just get a bit excited when it comes to doing the spy stuff to bring justice.
Reply 3
If you want to land in jail, yes. No you're not living with a kleptomaniac you're living with an obnoxious and ignorant individual. If you're subletting to them, give them a notice and find someone else. Otherwise, you might have to get another property if you have no control over who's in your flat.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 4
Try the filming etc - it should be fairly obvious though, it is in our house. But then you all need to sit down with the person, tell them to stop and force them to reimburse you all. It's very expensive and shows no respect or regard for others. If they refuse depending on your housing (halls - complain, private - find own methods) the you will need to find a way to get them to stop- like hiding everything or taking theirs or whatever.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Better than sharing a flat with your female frd (I'm a girl) when she uses your stuff (food, cookery, shower gel, cooking oil etc) without even asking. I'm quite sick of it but don't exactly know what to know.
Be hard to know what to boobytrap anyway, someone who'll pinch a box of salt might pinch anything.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending