International Exchange: Edinburgh, Manchester or KCL? Watch

iabo9383
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hello,

I'm an undergrad Business school student from Australia wanting to spend a semester at one of these unis. The grades will not be counted into my GPA so of course I'm interested in the academic structure but they are all obviously amazing unis so I'm sort of more interested in the student life/nightlife offered throughout these unis. what would be the most enjoyable experience?

Thank you
The Champion.m4a
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
KCL. It's London.
zero_gravity
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by iabo9383)
Hello,

I'm an undergrad Business school student from Australia wanting to spend a semester at one of these unis. The grades will not be counted into my GPA so of course I'm interested in the academic structure but they are all obviously amazing unis so I'm sort of more interested in the student life/nightlife offered throughout these unis. what would be the most enjoyable experience?

Thank you
I would say KCL or Edinburgh. Both are located in big cities, which would provide you with a plethora of activities to do when you are not going to classes. Personally, I would lean more towards KCL, as it is located in London. Being in London would also mean having better access to other European cities for travelling purposes, particularly with four airports and several train stations to destinations across the UK and mainland Europe.
Tcannon
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
What are your interests? sports clubs, outdoors, theatre, concerts. For London, you need to factor in more time for travelling from A to B.
iabo9383
Rep:
?
Yeah definitely thanks.
iabo9383
Rep:
?
(Original post by Tcannon)
What are your interests? sports clubs, outdoors, theatre, concerts. For London, you need to factor in more time for travelling from A to B.
Well I've already been to london about 3 times just for a short vacation so I've seen a few theatres and wouldn't be interested in seeing any more. I've never visited the rest but I intend to while on exchange ofcourse.

What I'm looking for is an enjoyable and friendly student life. So like always keeping busy and having something to do and meeting people. Clubs, pubs and scenery are probably what I'm most interested in
Tcannon
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I may take a different view than previous posters and recommend
Edinburgh and Manchester: Good student clubs, vibrant student union, Lake district for hiking and Scotland

In some British surveys on student satisfaction in all categories (housing, course, social life, facilities):
Edin > Manchester > KCL

For business courses, you will be in the KCL Management building in Waterloo train station area, south of river. This campus isn't as nice as main Strand campus.
euphorie
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by iabo9383)
Well I've already been to london about 3 times just for a short vacation so I've seen a few theatres and wouldn't be interested in seeing any more. I've never visited the rest but I intend to while on exchange ofcourse.

What I'm looking for is an enjoyable and friendly student life. So like always keeping busy and having something to do and meeting people. Clubs, pubs and scenery are probably what I'm most interested in
Hi! As a student from Manchester Uni, I would totally recommend Manchester if you want the best student experience. I have been a student at KCL before, and I have many friends from Edinburgh who, after visiting me, wished they studied at Manchester. It is a very vibrant city with the best clubs, pubs and bars (although I should say this is also the case for London- though less student focused). However, if you get tired from seeing too many students you can still find alternative places where only professionals go.

My friends from Edinburgh (some may disagree of course, depends on the person) who are very sociable and active told me that the people there were not the friendliest.

Lastly, in Manchester, between the three options, you can live the best without spending too much money (accommodation, nightlife, eating out etc.).

Hope this helps!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19
  • University of East Anglia
    Could you inspire the next generation? Find out more about becoming a Primary teacher with UEA… Postgraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19
  • Anglia Ruskin University
    Health, Education, Medicine and Social Care; Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences; Business and Law; Science and Engineering Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (551)
37.84%
No - but I will (114)
7.83%
No - I don't want to (102)
7.01%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (689)
47.32%

Watched Threads