Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I missed a phase test on Monday, and it turns out that I need to get a minimum of 35% on it to pass the module.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    They'll most likely require you to appeal, or if you're lucky they'll casually offer a cheeky resit. It will mostly depend on how your tutor handles it.

Not going to lie to you though if they're feeling strict or like cracking down on lazy first years, they can legit just boot you out, which would be awful. But I don't think they will in first year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hal.E.Lujah)
    They'll most likely require you to appeal, or if you're lucky they'll casually offer a cheeky resit. It will mostly depend on how your tutor handles it.

Not going to lie to you though if they're feeling strict or like cracking down on lazy first years, they can legit just boot you out, which would be awful. But I don't think they will in first year.
    My APT or module tutor?
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by ArthurArthur)
    My APT or module tutor?

No idea what APT means sorry

Most likely module tutor. To be honest you need to be emailing them and finding out your next step rather than asking on here. :yep:

ReputationRep:

Most likely module tutor. To be honest you need to be emailing them and finding out your next step rather than asking on here. :yep:
    I already have, waiting on a reply. I'm doing very well on my other modules, if that matters.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by ArthurArthur)
    I already have, waiting on a reply. I'm doing very well on my other modules, if that matters.

It probably will matter! I really hope they can sort it out for you. They're looking out for your future, they'll most likely offer a cheeky resit opportunity.

ReputationRep:

I was confused at first as well. I think 'APT' means Assigned Personal Tutor. You could email both for advice. Your APT could possibly explain the situation to the Module Leader as well, since all members of staff in a department discuss and share information about students and etc. anyway.

ReputationRep:
    My module leader replied with this:

I have copied the registry team who can advise the process for resitting

Rgds

What exactly does she mean by "copied the registry team"?

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.