Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I just had my first interview at Leeds Trinity University for Secondary English PGCE. There were only 8 places and I didn't get in. I was really disheartened about it. However I got two different interviews at Bishop and at Hull. I just feel a little daunted as these are both great for teaching...

I was told that I didn't get the place because I got a little confused about curriculum changes, and that's fine I've rectified it but I'm still really nervous.

In my nearest interview at Bishop I have been told that I need to do a 5 minute presentation which will teach fellow candidates a new skill, level of understanding or piece of knowledge. They said it's better if you don't go with your academic subject, and I emailed and asked if it has to be academic at all and they replied no.

I work as Frozen's Elsa in a play area for children's parties, and I was going to give them all a brief set of lessons on how to become Queen Elsa...based on her accent, improvisation and poses and things. They will certainly learn something new and I hope to stand out. I've also made them a certificate saying they passed Frozen Finishing School.

I really don't want to mess this up...but has anyone else been in the situation? I keep trying to tell myself just because one university declined it doesn't mean others will...I just hope that I can pull it out the bag!

ReputationRep:
    Keep being positive. Go and have some fun- watch a movie with friends to take you're mind off it. I'm sure things will be alright for you.In the world of work you will face a fair few rejections, the thing is to not let it dent your confidence, pick yourself up and try again. Often the most successful person is the person with the most experience of failure and the one who has been the one to not let failure get to them in the past.

University open days

• University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.