Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Are these mini panic attacks? watch

ReputationRep:
    recently (quite often when am revising) I all of sudden start having trouble breathing and get really dizzy/disorientated and feel like am going to faint. This used to happen only a few times in my life but in the past few months it has started to happening frequently. It gets so bad that I can't concentrate when studying and my pulse just races.

These last for a few hours at a time even when i do breathing techniques. Am not really sure what to do to stop these from happening, and I don't know how I am getting them.

ReputationRep:
    I think you should book an appointment with your GP and tell them exactly what you have said in your post.

ReputationRep:
    Do you eat and drink enough? You can often get symptoms like that when you're hungry or dehydrated. I often feel panicky and then realise that it's either first thing in the morning or just before dinner when I'm really hungry. Once I've eaten the symptoms go away.

If this doesn't help then you should see your GP. Exams can be stressful, and revising can make you think about them - so it may well be panic attacks. But whatever it is, you certainly need to address it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox)
    Do you eat and drink enough? You can often get symptoms like that when you're hungry or dehydrated. I often feel panicky and then realise that it's either first thing in the morning or just before dinner when I'm really hungry. Once I've eaten the symptoms go away.

If this doesn't help then you should see your GP. Exams can be stressful, and revising can make you think about them - so it may well be panic attacks. But whatever it is, you certainly need to address it.
    Most days yeah.

Though I am vegetarian but I have been vegetarian for 6 years now and it has only started recently so i don't think it's anything to do with that.

ReputationRep:
    Sounds a lot like it. I'd agree with a poster above, get help. You don't want them to get worse and stop your revising. Not sure when your exams are but if they're in jan and you're like this now, it's not going to get better. They might be able to give you something just for a few months

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ngt93)
    recently (quite often when am revising) I all of sudden start having trouble breathing and get really dizzy/disorientated and feel like am going to faint. This used to happen only a few times in my life but in the past few months it has started to happening frequently. It gets so bad that I can't concentrate when studying and my pulse just races.

These last for a few hours at a time even when i do breathing techniques. Am not really sure what to do to stop these from happening, and I don't know how I am getting them.
    I am no doctor, however it doesn't sound like a panic attack, you should definitely consult your GP. Tell them all of your symptoms that you listed above and I am sure they will be able to work out what the cause of all this is. I hope you find out what the problem is.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.