Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

My blog has 900+ followers, but hardly anyone reads my new entries watch

ReputationRep:
    Why is this? What's the point of people subscribing if they don't even read my work?

ReputationRep:
    Maybe they haven't got round to reading it. Or maybe people are losing interest, but don't want to/haven't found time to unsubscribe to you.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Chances are people don't care that much to check if you're written anything new. It doesn't mean what you're doing is bad, it's just that people can be really apathetic a lot of the time. The best way of getting people to read blog posts seems to be posting a link to it from a Facebook page so that it ends up in their news feed. If you rely on people going and checking a website themselves then you're gonna have a bad time.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe they just forgot? I sometimes forget to look and it's MY blog.
    • PS Helper
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Study Helper
    (Original post by Isambard Kingdom Brunel)
    Why is this? What's the point of people subscribing if they don't even read my work?
    If people subscribe using RSS, it may not count as a view on your end. I read most of my news from within my RSS reader.

ReputationRep:
    I don't use social media, I just rely on subscribers and then people finding it in Google searches.

I wish I could get everyone to subscribe to Facebook etc, but it's just pointless.

Other people have less followers but get dozens of comments on each new entry, whereas I have 900 subscribers and nobody comments on my posts even if they read them!

I think I might stop blogging in the new year.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe they just can't be bothered to unsubscribe

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.