Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The one that got away (sorry - long!) watch

Long story short I was dating this guy for 5 yrs - he s oriental and I m Indian (fatal flaw!!). We tried over the years to break up but would always end up getting back together. Anyways We broke up 2 months ago because he said he couldn't cope and that was fair enough. Our typical break up pattern is we'll see each other and because of our chemistry things will just "happen".

Anyways saw him a few weeks ago because he was having a super rough time. We had both said in the past that we wanted to remain friends in the future (we are first loves) and agreed on this. Of course we both know that once we get into relationships etc then we will barely see each other, but I definitely want his kids and my kids to be close and he wants the same. So when I saw him I was surprised by how "handsy" he was with me. He wouldn't let go of my hand And kept kissing my cheeks, neck. I said no to kissing and no to sleeping with him, but he just wouldn't listen. He even insisted walking me back to the station, after I d told him for the 3rd time that I didn't want to sleep with him.

Suffice to say I m extremely confused. He still messages me, and a few times when I haven't messaged back as instantly as he would like (blasted blue ticks on whatsapp) he starts getting angry and on one instance left a message every 5 mins until I replied?!?

I have moved on and I think I just want to be friends with him. Although I love him deeply he s just not mature enough for me. Half the time I m not sure if he just likes the attention or if he just wants someone to sleep with. I m not sure what to do, and to be honest I'm not even sure what he is thinking. It s all very confusing,,,,,hoping someone here will be able to clarify what I can't see!

(Thank you to anyone who actually ends up reading this....I do rant a lot)

ReputationRep:
    Friendship will only work when you both no longer have feelings for each other / neither of you want more than friendship. I think you need some space between you, let things die down, and then try for friendship.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, unfortunately the poor guy is still very interested in you. I can never decide who it's harder for, you who has to cut them off, or them who has to face it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Calpurnia)
    Yeah, unfortunately the poor guy is still very interested in you. I can never decide who it's harder for, you who has to cut them off, or them who has to face it
    Both really but sometimes you have to let go not because you don't care but because they don't.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by queen-bee)
    Both really but sometimes you have to let go not because you don't care but because they don't.
    That's a problem I'm wrestling with personally right now - très difficile

ReputationRep:
    That's a problem I'm wrestling with personally right now - très difficile
    It's funny you say that because I'm also facing the same dilemma

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by queen-bee)
    It's funny you say that because I'm also facing the same dilemma
    Well, if you wanna throw a pity party, feel free to PM and we can trade notes.

ReputationRep:
    Well, if you wanna throw a pity party, feel free to PM and we can trade notes.
    My life is as depressing as it can get right now...

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 5, 2014
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.