Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I've been using Microsoft Word on my macbook, but now I'm wondering if I should make the switch to Pages?

Does anyone use Pages? Is it easy/better etc?

ReputationRep:
    Cannot afford to get Microsoft installed on my imac yet but I'd definitely use word over pages.

So much more student friendly and allows advanced editing of documents.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I greatly prefer Word, as it's far more developed. Got Pages on my iPad, and it's alright, but really not great. Good for very simple word processing, not great for much else. I always have to touch-up any essays or (semi and) formal documents on Word, but my iPad is far handier than a laptop when travelling.
    Stick to Word - it's far better!

ReputationRep:
    I didn't have any issues going through my time at uni with Pages.

"Should" doesn't really enter into it- use what is best suited for you. Does Pages limit you from doing something Word wouldn't, or do you prefer and can afford Word? If so, feel free to switch. Does Pages not limit you, and do you have no real preference for Word? If so, there's no real need to pay for it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gofre)
    I didn't have any issues going through my time at uni with Pages.

"Should" doesn't really enter into it- use what is best suited for you. Does Pages limit you from doing something Word wouldn't, or do you prefer and can afford Word? If so, feel free to switch. Does Pages not limit you, and do you have no real preference for Word? If so, there's no real need to pay for it.

Oh I get Word for free so money isn't really the issue. I just wanted to know if Pages would be more convenient or easier than Word but I guess I will just stick with Word since it's what I know.

ReputationRep:
    OH also, I feel like Pages looks prettier and more sleek and professional than Word for Mac does

ReputationRep:
    Stick with Word.

One problem with Pages is that it's not compatible with Windows - so if you were sending a teacher an essay, you have to remember to convert it into a different format when you save it or send the essay in the body of an email.

I bought Word for my macbook (in my opinion, it was so worth it for how much I use it) so I don't have the problem, but lots of my friends struggle with it.

ReputationRep:
    They're both ****, on the Mac. Word is marginally more feature-rich.

ReputationRep:
    LibreOffice.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.