Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys just got an interview from UEA! No thread on UEA Pharma 2015 so created one!

Does anyone know how difficult was the maths test and interview?

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    hey, it's not really an interview, it's more of a group activity (like we had to see whether we could make a bridge to get an egg across from one table to another) they basically wanted to see your ability to work in a team. The calculations test was relatively easy; and then you have a situations test which isn't too bad because there isn't really a right or wrong answer, you just have to think logically. I had mine yesterday, so am yet to hear back but don't worry too much about it, it's not a sit down interview or anything you don't have to do any prep.

ReputationRep:
    I've got an interview next month too! Are there any current students mind sharing what they think are the pros and cons for UEA? I'd love to go to this uni !! Thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    omg so sorry for the late reply, I don't really know how to use this much!
    Did you not have a one on one or any questions asked at all? What sort of calculations came up? And did you get a good news back?!?!?!

Thnaks for all the information!!

(Original post by Emily1407)
    hey, it's not really an interview, it's more of a group activity (like we had to see whether we could make a bridge to get an egg across from one table to another) they basically wanted to see your ability to work in a team. The calculations test was relatively easy; and then you have a situations test which isn't too bad because there isn't really a right or wrong answer, you just have to think logically. I had mine yesterday, so am yet to hear back but don't worry too much about it, it's not a sit down interview or anything you don't have to do any prep.

ReputationRep:
    I got an offer and no there wasn't a formal sit down interview, the situations test did ask some pharmacy related questions, like they had two examples of problems you might come across as a pharmacist- like someone asking whether they could crush up all their meds and eat them with breakfast. The calculations test wasn't very hard; I can't remember specific examples of what they asked but I remembered finding like all but one relatively easy and straightforward. Good luck by the way

ReputationRep:
    Hello!

I've applied for Pharmacy foundation for this year at the UEA. Has anyone else gone in for this? Is the interview along the same lines...?

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys!
    I had a phone interview today in the morning and I've just got the offer now !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gabugie)
    Hey guys!
    I had a phone interview today in the morning and I've just got the offer now !
    How was the interview ? I will have a phone interview and I am so scared. Did they ask very hard questions ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Posted from TSR Mobile[/QUOTE]

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fatemah4)
    How was the interview ? I will have a phone interview and I am so scared. Did they ask very hard questions ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well, to be honest i was so .. stressed. I've thought that I won't be stressed since it's just a phone interview but well..
    It wasn't that long. It all lasted 12 minutes. Basically, the lady asked me(more or less ): ---why pharmacy at UEA.
    - how do i think a pharmacist job will change in the next years
    - she also asked about team work experience and how would i manage to meet the deadline with my team.
    After those questions, she asked me to react to two situations:
    - a patient came with a over the date medicine, what would i recommend him.
    - a woman came to complain about a pregnancy test. She thinks she's pregnant but the test says she's not. what would i do/tell her.

Don't worry, everything will be fine! Don't stress yourself!
    Fingers crossed!

ReputationRep:
    Well, to be honest i was so .. stressed. I've thought that I won't be stressed since it's just a phone interview but well..
    It wasn't that long. It all lasted 12 minutes. Basically, the lady asked me(more or less ): ---why pharmacy at UEA.
    - how do i think a pharmacist job will change in the next years
    - she also asked about team work experience and how would i manage to meet the deadline with my team.
    After those questions, she asked me to react to two situations:
    - a patient came with a over the date medicine, what would i recommend him.
    - a woman came to complain about a pregnancy test. She thinks she's pregnant but the test says she's not. what would i do/tell her.

Don't worry, everything will be fine! Don't stress yourself!
    Fingers crossed!
    Thanks for the help
    Hopefully it will go well!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fatemah4)
    Thanks for the help
    Hopefully it will go well!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    When's ur interview ?
    let know about ur results

ReputationRep:
    When's ur interview ?
    let know about ur results
    Sure
    It is on 13th February

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,

Just got an offer through of AAB, is this what most others have got? also how lenient do you think theyll be if i miss the grades?

ReputationRep:
    Hie guys I have an interview for pharmacy foundation on the 21st of March. I have no idea what to expect. Can anyone tell me how its going to be like. eg what kind of questions to expect

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jakemanmk)
    Hey guys,

Just got an offer through of AAB, is this what most others have got? also how lenient do you think theyll be if i miss the grades?
    I got AAB as well. On the applicant day they said they don't think twice about not having a full course and they prefer that one has achieved the grades. I guess they're strict. But don't put yourself down - you can do it!!

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, I've just been offered a place to study pharmacy at UEA. However I've been told to take a chemistry test in the summer. Has anyone taken this test before and if yes, what kind of topics/questions come up?

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

I'm a current fourth year at UEA studying pharmacy. If you have any questions feel free to ask on here for all to see or give me a private message and I'll help where I can.
    Best of luck for results day, UEA will be the best decision you ever made!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sam2394)
    Hey,

I'm a current fourth year at UEA studying pharmacy. If you have any questions feel free to ask on here for all to see or give me a private message and I'll help where I can.
    Best of luck for results day, UEA will be the best decision you ever made!
    Hey, they invited me to a applicant day. There will be a group activity, mental arithmetic test and situation judgment test and I am really stressed. Could you give me any information/tricks or anything. Would be much appreciated.

BTW how is UEA Pharmacy and what other universities have yo u applied to 4 years ago?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SaphBruh)
    Hey, they invited me to a applicant day. There will be a group activity, mental arithmetic test and situation judgment test and I am really stressed. Could you give me any information/tricks or anything. Would be much appreciated.

BTW how is UEA Pharmacy and what other universities have yo u applied to 4 years ago?
    How was your applicant day?!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: December 4, 2015

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 23 Nov '18
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 23 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    All Faculties Undergraduate
    Sat, 24 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.