Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    im doing a world lit 1 on the title: the role of religion in hamlet and crime and punishment. i havnt realy started yet, but if anyone has some good cites from the texts or any suggestion at all... it would help a lot. feel free to discuss the title.

ReputationRep:
    I didn't read Crime and Punishment, so I'm sorry if this seems like an obvious question, it's just that I remember some people in my class doing that mistake.
    Is this a topic that can actually be compared between the texts or are you going to outline the role of religion in each one of them. Because if you're going for the latter, I suggest a change of topic, unless you're really, really confident in your writing, because it's a lot harder to get the text to flow and often comes out looking like two different essays simply placed in the same page.
    If you do have a comparisson in mind do some kind of structure before writing it where you decide exactly what about religion you're going to approach in each paragraph and how does that relate to both of your texts, again, that's just to help get the two different texts to work together.
    I'm sorry that I can't help with anything specific to your topic, it's been ages since I've read hamlet and I've never read Crime and Punishment

ReputationRep:
    try browsing through the sparknotes guides (www.sparknotes.com) for a general feel of the themes first. thats how I started with both my WLs. didn't do either of those so can't really help.

ReputationRep:
    i think its a good topic. you can go to wikipedia.com and search for notes

University open days

• University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Applying to university
Uni match

Your perfect course is here

Let our match making tool match you up with your ideal uni

Make your revision easier

Study Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.