Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I've got this assignment due in on the 10th Dec at uni, and i've got no clue whatsoever because its actually my first time doing the course. I really need help Pls....

Information about the assignment:

Using only sounds derived from your own mouth, create a 45-60 second long composition using the NNXT sampler. However, the following rules apply...

· You may only use simple editing of your sounds before you import them into the sampler (ie. no effects to be applied).

· You may only import a maximum of 10 seconds of recorded/edited sound.

· You may only use 1 instance of the NNXT sampler, and no other Reason modules.

· You may use any of the functions of the NNXT in any way.

· You may not use any form of MIDI sequencing other than to trigger the note C3, up to 3 times only.

· The C3’s may be as long or as short as you wish.

ReputationRep:
    Hi there,

While you're waiting for an answer, did you know we have 300,000 study resources that could answer your question in TSR's Learn together section?

We have everything from Teacher Marked Essays to Mindmaps and Quizzes to help you with your work. Take a look around.

If you're stuck on how to get started, try creating some resources. It's free to do and can help breakdown tough topics into manageable chunks. Get creating now.

Thanks!

Not sure what all of this is about? Head here to find out more.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tolumyde)
    I've got this assignment due in on the 10th Dec at uni, and i've got no clue whatsoever because its actually my first time doing the course. I really need help Pls....

Information about the assignment:

Using only sounds derived from your own mouth, create a 45-60 second long composition using the NNXT sampler. However, the following rules apply...

· You may only use simple editing of your sounds before you import them into the sampler (ie. no effects to be applied).

· You may only import a maximum of 10 seconds of recorded/edited sound.

· You may only use 1 instance of the NNXT sampler, and no other Reason modules.

· You may use any of the functions of the NNXT in any way.

· You may not use any form of MIDI sequencing other than to trigger the note C3, up to 3 times only.

· The C3’s may be as long or as short as you wish.
    Awkward little assignment. I don't know reason but have used other samplers - mostly Cubase, but I ahve marked a few Music Tech papers from students who have used Reason and it is clearly a very good sampler. Some general pointers: record your samples very carefully - large diaphragm condenser, pop shield, good acoustic etc. : give yourself a variety of samples e.g. bass, percussive, high 'lead' : you need about 32 bars so use a structure like AABA, 8 bars each, you could use one of your C3s in each A section perhaps: lay down a beat first, then add a bass riff and put some sort of melodic lead over the top. Listen to Bobby McFerrin - genius! Good luck.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.