Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Just as simple as that. I've got 21/25 in a recent crit and I want to know how I can(eventually) achieve full marks. Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Hi there,

While you're waiting for an answer, did you know we have 300,000 study resources that could answer your question in TSR's Learn together section?

We have everything from Teacher Marked Essays to Mindmaps and Quizzes to help you with your work. Take a look around.

If you're stuck on how to get started, try creating some resources. It's free to do and can help breakdown tough topics into manageable chunks. Get creating now.

Thanks!

Not sure what all of this is about? Head here to find out more.

ReputationRep:
    You must develop your ideas fully and everytime you make a point, back it up thoroughly, use supporting quotes. Critics are important, make sure you use ideas of critics in your essays. Add context...although to get 21/25 you most likely do these already.

What is probably what is dropping you marks is your writing style. Make sure no words are wasted, if you can say the same thing in less words then it's worth doing so, being concise is important. Plan your essay thoroughly as this will help you with this, and also improve your structure.

In terms of structure you should have your thesis statement in your introduction and create clear milestone as to where your essay is going. Your conclusion shouldn't have any new information in, but rather summarise your essay and end everything neatly and in a memorable fashion, if possible.

Maybe ask your teacher as well?

Hope this helps and good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emma-lauren)
    You must develop your ideas fully and everytime you make a point, back it up thoroughly, use supporting quotes. Critics are important, make sure you use ideas of critics in your essays. Add context...although to get 21/25 you most likely do these already.

What is probably what is dropping you marks is your writing style. Make sure no words are wasted, if you can say the same thing in less words then it's worth doing so, being concise is important. Plan your essay thoroughly as this will help you with this, and also improve your structure.

In terms of structure you should have your thesis statement in your introduction and create clear milestone as to where your essay is going. Your conclusion shouldn't have any new information in, but rather summarise your essay and end everything neatly and in a memorable fashion, if possible.

Maybe ask your teacher as well?

Hope this helps and good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    thanks! I think you're right about my writing style, I always tend to write far too much and sometimes end up using fancy expressions which don't fully convey the ideas I'm trying to get across.

I've been told that I need to improve my structure, so if I can do that then I'm sure my mark will go up. Really appreciate the advice

ReputationRep:
    No problem, glad I could help

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.