Uni offer wording - Any ideas as to what this means? Watch

MissaCwosby
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Okay I got an offer from Lincoln and it said this exact wording

"320pts to include a minimum of 3 A-levels or the equivalent. Must include 1 A-level or equivalent qualification in a science or related subject. Tariff points from General Studies, Critical Thinking and Key Skills not accepted",+k

So what does this mean? Do they want 320 points only from A levels or..?

I'm doing the following qualifications

A level Psychology, History, English lit and Grade 8 guitar exam
I'm predicted CCC and a Merit for my grade 8, I also have an AS in music which adds up to a grand total of 330 UCAS points by August.

Am I okay or do I need to work like a dog?

upendatom
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I think it means 320 points from 3 A levels, with one being a science - it doesn't sound like the Grade 8 Guitar is included in the tariff that they want

If you're unsure just email them

Posted from TSR Mobile
MissaCwosby
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Ah right, bugger!

I'll drop them an e-mail, thanks
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by MissaCwosby)
Okay I got an offer from Lincoln and it said this exact wording

320pts to include a minimum of 3 A-levels or the equivalent. Must include 1 A-level or equivalent qualification in a science or related subject. Tariff points from General Studies, Critical Thinking and Key Skills not accepted",+k

A level Psychology, History, English lit and Grade 8 guitar exam
I'm predicted CCC and a Merit for my grade 8, I also have an AS in music which adds up to a grand total of 330 UCAS points by August.
You need to pass equivalent of 3 A levels. AND you need to get 320 points overall (INCLUDING those 3 A levels). So your AS and grade 8 will count (assuming you included them on your application) alongside your A levels.....but if you get a U in one of your A levels but get a bunch of tariff points from.....EPQ or something that isn't an A level equivalent then even if you got 320 points your offer would not be met because you would only have 2 A levels.

Edit: did the "+k" appear in your offer conditions??? if so you NEED to get in touch with them. Usually a +k tells UCAS to include some extra custom text in the offer condition (like "proof of residency is required" or "this should include a B in either history or english" or something else)....if it is showing as "+k" then something has gone wrong in the uni sending their conditions to UCAS.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (266)
38.61%
No - but I will (46)
6.68%
No - I don't want to (51)
7.4%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (326)
47.31%

Watched Threads