Turn on thread page Beta

Uni offer wording - Any ideas as to what this means? watch

ReputationRep:
    Okay I got an offer from Lincoln and it said this exact wording

"320pts to include a minimum of 3 A-levels or the equivalent. Must include 1 A-level or equivalent qualification in a science or related subject. Tariff points from General Studies, Critical Thinking and Key Skills not accepted",+k

So what does this mean? Do they want 320 points only from A levels or..?

I'm doing the following qualifications

A level Psychology, History, English lit and Grade 8 guitar exam
    I'm predicted CCC and a Merit for my grade 8, I also have an AS in music which adds up to a grand total of 330 UCAS points by August.

Am I okay or do I need to work like a dog?

ReputationRep:
    I think it means 320 points from 3 A levels, with one being a science - it doesn't sound like the Grade 8 Guitar is included in the tariff that they want

If you're unsure just email them

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ah right, bugger!

I'll drop them an e-mail, thanks
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by MissaCwosby)
    Okay I got an offer from Lincoln and it said this exact wording

320pts to include a minimum of 3 A-levels or the equivalent. Must include 1 A-level or equivalent qualification in a science or related subject. Tariff points from General Studies, Critical Thinking and Key Skills not accepted",+k

A level Psychology, History, English lit and Grade 8 guitar exam
    I'm predicted CCC and a Merit for my grade 8, I also have an AS in music which adds up to a grand total of 330 UCAS points by August.
    You need to pass equivalent of 3 A levels. AND you need to get 320 points overall (INCLUDING those 3 A levels). So your AS and grade 8 will count (assuming you included them on your application) alongside your A levels.....but if you get a U in one of your A levels but get a bunch of tariff points from.....EPQ or something that isn't an A level equivalent then even if you got 320 points your offer would not be met because you would only have 2 A levels.

Edit: did the "+k" appear in your offer conditions??? if so you NEED to get in touch with them. Usually a +k tells UCAS to include some extra custom text in the offer condition (like "proof of residency is required" or "this should include a B in either history or english" or something else)....if it is showing as "+k" then something has gone wrong in the uni sending their conditions to UCAS.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.