Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey!!

Anyone applying to study Product design at Uni?
    and which unis are you applying for?
    got any offers?

just curiouss....

ReputationRep:
    HEY.

First post on here

I'm applying for Loughborough, Swansea, Belfast(Queens),U.W.E. Im not sure what to put as my fifth choice though
    they are the only places i actually like that do product design engineering.
    I need to decide this weekend what to put as my fifth choice
    What about you ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Samoknight)
    HEY.

First post on here

I'm applying for Loughborough, Swansea, Belfast(Queens),U.W.E. Im not sure what to put as my fifth choice though
    they are the only places i actually like that do product design engineering.
    I need to decide this weekend what to put as my fifth choice
    What about you ?

Hey man,

Sounds good to me, I'm applying to Loughborough, Northumbria, Nottingham Trent, Aston and Sussex might consider Bournmouth instead of one of the others Ive chosen currently not sure yet though! You should check out these uni's they are all really good and also check out Brunel best uni along with Loughborough for Product Design!

Best of Luck!

ReputationRep:
    Ummmm Bumping this post. I think that's the term at least.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imdumbuneedhelp)
    Hey man,

Sounds good to me, I'm applying to Loughborough, Northumbria, Nottingham Trent, Aston and Sussex might consider Bournmouth instead of one of the others Ive chosen currently not sure yet though! You should check out these uni's they are all really good and also check out Brunel best uni along with Loughborough for Product Design!

Best of Luck!
    Have you heard anything from a University yet ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Samoknight)
    Have you heard anything from a University yet ?
    yeahh i have an offer at NTU
    wbu?

ReputationRep:
    Interview at Brunel and offer from Swansea.

Would be good to know if there were many other people applying for this sort of course. It doesn't seem like many of us use the student room though.

ReputationRep:
    I have an almost unconditional offer from Loughborough for Product design Engineering. I already have my grades, because I graduated in 2013, so I just need to present an English certificate. Is there anyone else that is going to firm Loughborough or been to an open day?

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to firm Loughborough. I got an offer of BBB.
    When you say you have to present your English certificate does that mean you aren't from the UK?
    Sorry if that is a really stupid question!

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry, it is normal not to be familiar with the offers for international students. I am an EU student, but I live in Newcastle now So excited to finally find someone that is going to do my course!

ReputationRep:
    So why did you chose loughborough as your firm ?

ReputationRep:
    Its overall the best university of the ones I could find that offer PDE. It is also really strong at engineering and the program is accredited by all the institutions it needs to. Also Loughborough has a great location and the university seems lovely, the staff were really nice when I had questions about my application. I really wanted to go to GSA though, but they increased the required grades to ones, that are almost impossible to achieve, especially when I already have my grades (which are equivalent to AAB) and I cannot change them. The other places I have applied to are Brunel, Strathclyde and Queen's Belfast.

ReputationRep:
    Fair enough. At the moment i'm torn between loughborough and Swansea. Loughborough is more accredited, like you said. But Swansea seems to have a more diverse range of societies and atmospheres.
    So hard to decide!!!
    Any idea what societies you are going to join, roughly.
    E.g. Martial arts, team games etc ?

It's so hard to find people who are actually taking PDE at uni to talk to XD

ReputationRep:
    I was actually going to apply to Swansea before I found out that Loughborough did that course and changed it. I have already been a fresher at Newcastle University with Architecture (now I am just going for another course) and for me I found out that the quality of education must come before student life. In every university you can create a society yourself if it doesn't exist yet and you can find friends everywhere, but the employers will not ask you whether you had a nice time during your studies. And actually Loughborough is always in the top places of Student life satisfaction, so it can't be that bad.
    I should really consider the societies, as I have too many interests and I guess I will have far from enough time for them. I actually always wanted to take some kind of martial art, as my dad was in the army, but I don't think I will go for any kind of sport society. I would love if they have a book club or something similar, or maybe something involving art or music. I will definitely go for Engineers Without Borders, they seem to have interesting projects.

ReputationRep:
    I've studied shotokan karate for 10 years now. I really enjoy it, but Im looking to try a different martial at uni.
    Why wouldn't you join a sport society? And, are you quite arty?
    And thank you for helping me decide between uni's. I wasn't sure if I should go for Swansea or loughborough, because Swansea has a better social life But loughborough had a better course.
    But I am definitely going to firm Loughborough because you can make friends anywhere (like you said). Cheers!!!

And the Engineers without borders is something I am definitely interested in joining.
    (Please excuse any of my grammatical errors. English is my worse subject).

ReputationRep:
    I am not a native English speaker, so you shouldn't worry about your grammar at all

Well, the only sports I've participated in were involving dancing. I also enjoy jogging, but I am not much into sports. And I just love almost all kinds of art. Whether it would be drawing, creating a 3D model, photography, a book about Art History, an interesting building etc. I've also taken classical guitar lessons and I would love to start again, because I haven't played for a year probably. For me societies are the last thing to worry about, I will think about them when I get there.
    I am glad that I helped you with your decision and I hope you enjoy your stay there

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.