Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Programmer thread, let's develop an application together! watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys!

I've been programming since I was 12, so 4 years thus far! I love it try to develop applications daily, hence I come to the programmer of TSR to request that we work together and develop an application, maybe even a game. If any of you are pixel-artists, you may want to assist too, anyone, from music to story line and ideas. I would really like to work with a group of people in developing a large scale game where we each implement our own ideas. One of you may want the game to be in space, whilst others may want the game to be planet-based, so why not base it on a planet without an atmosphere! I don't know, I'm just suggesting, and would like to know if you guys would like to join in so that I can build a GitHub space for us.

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    It's a great idea, but I'd think we'd need to start off by choosing a language to do it in etc. It sounds great and I'd love to help if I can! I've only been programming for about 2 years and so it's all pretty limited, but i do love it!!

ReputationRep:
    how did you guys get into programming? I have programming modules in my degree so would love to get some tips

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TillyP)
    It's a great idea, but I'd think we'd need to start off by choosing a language to do it in etc. It sounds great and I'd love to help if I can! I've only been programming for about 2 years and so it's all pretty limited, but i do love it!!
    Maybe C#, C++ or Java?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tinkerbell_xxx)
    how did you guys get into programming? I have programming modules in my degree so would love to get some tips
    What do you mean `get in to programming`? I've been interested in technology my whole life and so once I thought I was old enough and intelligent enough to program I started to learn.

ReputationRep:
    yo whats ur github name?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tinkerbell_xxx)
    I highly reccomend codeacademy.com/learn as it has tons of different languages and help you learn for free!! I suggest you start with python or something

ReputationRep:
    Simple game: Python.

Complex game: C++

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ltsmith)
    yo whats ur github name?
    Trippyninja12

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TillyP)
    I highly reccomend codeacademy.com/learn as it has tons of different languages and help you learn for free!! I suggest you start with python or something
    That looks really interesting Thanks

(Original post by ThatAnonCoder)
    What do you mean `get in to programming`? I've been interested in technology my whole life and so once I thought I was old enough and intelligent enough to program I started to learn.
    I just mean how you started programming like if it was in school or just a hobby

ReputationRep:
    Sounds fun

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.