Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys!

I've been programming since I was 12, so 4 years thus far! I love it try to develop applications daily, hence I come to the programmer of TSR to request that we work together and develop an application, maybe even a game. If any of you are pixel-artists, you may want to assist too, anyone, from music to story line and ideas. I would really like to work with a group of people in developing a large scale game where we each implement our own ideas. One of you may want the game to be in space, whilst others may want the game to be planet-based, so why not base it on a planet without an atmosphere! I don't know, I'm just suggesting, and would like to know if you guys would like to join in so that I can build a GitHub space for us.

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    It's a great idea, but I'd think we'd need to start off by choosing a language to do it in etc. It sounds great and I'd love to help if I can! I've only been programming for about 2 years and so it's all pretty limited, but i do love it!!

ReputationRep:
    how did you guys get into programming? I have programming modules in my degree so would love to get some tips

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TillyP)
    It's a great idea, but I'd think we'd need to start off by choosing a language to do it in etc. It sounds great and I'd love to help if I can! I've only been programming for about 2 years and so it's all pretty limited, but i do love it!!
    Maybe C#, C++ or Java?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tinkerbell_xxx)
    how did you guys get into programming? I have programming modules in my degree so would love to get some tips
    What do you mean `get in to programming`? I've been interested in technology my whole life and so once I thought I was old enough and intelligent enough to program I started to learn.

ReputationRep:
    yo whats ur github name?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tinkerbell_xxx)
    I highly reccomend codeacademy.com/learn as it has tons of different languages and help you learn for free!! I suggest you start with python or something

ReputationRep:
    Simple game: Python.

Complex game: C++

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ltsmith)
    yo whats ur github name?
    Trippyninja12

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TillyP)
    I highly reccomend codeacademy.com/learn as it has tons of different languages and help you learn for free!! I suggest you start with python or something
    That looks really interesting Thanks

(Original post by ThatAnonCoder)
    What do you mean `get in to programming`? I've been interested in technology my whole life and so once I thought I was old enough and intelligent enough to program I started to learn.
    I just mean how you started programming like if it was in school or just a hobby

ReputationRep:
    Sounds fun

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.