What was the April Theses?! Watch

Tj789
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I tried to search it on google but I just get some long answers. What simply was the April Theses? What did it say (briefly) and how did this effect the PG government?

Tanx guys
CD223
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Tj789)
I tried to search it on google but I just get some long answers. What simply was the April Theses? What did it say (briefly) and how did this effect the PG government?

Tanx guys
In April 1917, Lenin returned to Russia from exile and delivered a long inspirational speech to a group of workers about his plans to overthrow the provisional government, end the war and redistribute land to the peasants. Given that the provisional government still supported the war, the Bolsheviks became the embodiment of left wing opposition after issues such as the July Days and the Kornilov Coup took place. They used this and played on it heavily following their coup d'état in October 1917 and throughout the Civil War to retain support and consolidate power.
Edminzodo
  • Forum Helper
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by CD223)
In April 1917, Lenin returned to Russia from exile and delivered a long inspirational speech to a group of workers about his plans to overthrow the provisional government, end the war and redistribute land to the peasants. Given that the provisional government still supported the war, the Bolsheviks became the embodiment of left wing opposition after issues such as the July Days and the Kornilov Coup took place. They used this and played on it heavily following their coup d'état in October 1917 and throughout the Civil War to retain support and consolidate power.
Ah, the joys of GCSE History . . . :awesome:

Posted from TSR Mobile
CD223
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Edminzodo)
Ah, the joys of GCSE History . . . :awesome:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I did it for my AS levels last year lol.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (481)
37.76%
No - but I will (98)
7.69%
No - I don't want to (88)
6.91%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (607)
47.65%

Watched Threads