Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I tried to search it on google but I just get some long answers. What simply was the April Theses? What did it say (briefly) and how did this effect the PG government?

Tanx guys

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tj789)
    I tried to search it on google but I just get some long answers. What simply was the April Theses? What did it say (briefly) and how did this effect the PG government?

Tanx guys
    In April 1917, Lenin returned to Russia from exile and delivered a long inspirational speech to a group of workers about his plans to overthrow the provisional government, end the war and redistribute land to the peasants. Given that the provisional government still supported the war, the Bolsheviks became the embodiment of left wing opposition after issues such as the July Days and the Kornilov Coup took place. They used this and played on it heavily following their coup d'état in October 1917 and throughout the Civil War to retain support and consolidate power.
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by CD223)
    In April 1917, Lenin returned to Russia from exile and delivered a long inspirational speech to a group of workers about his plans to overthrow the provisional government, end the war and redistribute land to the peasants. Given that the provisional government still supported the war, the Bolsheviks became the embodiment of left wing opposition after issues such as the July Days and the Kornilov Coup took place. They used this and played on it heavily following their coup d'état in October 1917 and throughout the Civil War to retain support and consolidate power.
    Ah, the joys of GCSE History . . . :awesome:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Edminzodo)
    Ah, the joys of GCSE History . . . :awesome:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I did it for my AS levels last year lol.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.