Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    hey, my ICT database coursework that is on Access has to be in next wednesday, i thought that i had finished it but today it was handed back to me and the teacher says that i need to talk about other database packages that i could have used.
    FOr example Lotus, Corel, Open Office and Star office. He asked me to look up these packages on the internet but i can't find any relevant information and i have never used one of these packages.
    I need to find advantages and disadvantages to atleast one of these but in the end say why i have chosen Access. I HAVE NO IDEA! PLEASE CAN ANYONE HELP, even if uve just used one of these packages once, can u think of anything good or bad about it?
    THank you in advance for any help given, u wil be a life saver!
    xxx

ReputationRep:
    Say that you chose Access because it was readily available on the systems that your database was being made for, and that with no prior knowledge of any other database systems, you decided to use Access. Any disadvantages of the others can be that you do not know how to use them, and that you don't have access (pun unintended) to them. The examiners call it "Implementation" you have to go for the cheapest but most effective choice and if the software is already existing (Access) then its cheap and if you are capable at using Access already then it means the system will be more efficient.

Ok?

ReputationRep:
    PM me your email and I'll send you what I put also if you wish.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James_W)
    ^ Thats not the way the mark scheme is set out - there is set criteria that the individual has to analysis and evaluate other possible solutions, and then present compelling evidence for the choosen solution.
    other possible solutions could also include non computerised systems, or so i was led to believe.

University open days

1. University of Edinburgh
    All Departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Sep '18
  2. University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Sep '18
  3. Loughborough University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.