The Student Room Group

Regarding The Maintenance Loan And Tenancy Agreements

Hi everyone,

I am in my final year and have started living with my boyfriend in shared accomodation but I am not listed on the actual tenancy agreement as a named tennant. I do pay rent there but the tenancy is in my boyfriend's name.

I am in my final year of study and recieving a maintenace loan but I am worried that the Student Loans Company might stop paying the maintenance loan if somehow they find out I am not listed in the tenancy agreement for that property. I have told them this is my address (which is true), but do they check into these sorts of things? How likely is it that they would ask for further proof of address or cut my remaining payments if they see my name isn't on any official documents?

(I'm a Welsh student studying in Wales if this gives you any more details you need to know)

Thanks. :smile:
Moved to Student Financial Support.

It has nothing to do with student finance, unless of course you claim to be living away from home when you're actually living at home.
Reply 2
@OU Student - no I'm not doing that, I explained the situation. I just came here for guidance there's no need to assume I'm trying to cheat anyone with no basis for that whatsoever. How rude.

Can someone please help... My tenancy is being re-signed on saturday and another person I live with wants to put his name on the contract instead of mine. I'm happy for him to do this as long as it won't adversely affect me. The problem is i live in my boyfriend's room and pay rent but it is under his name. What i am asking is does this allow me to be entitled to my maintenance loan? Could someobeody please provide a non-snarky answer because i only have 2 days left.

All help will be greatfully appreciated
Reply 3
I think you'll find that the previous responder was telling you the circumstances in which it would be student finances business NOT assuming that they thought you were cheating the system & you have just been very rude to someone who was trying to help you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
You can spend your maintenance loan on whores, whisky and cigarettes.
SFE won't care.
Original post by lovali
I think you'll find that the previous responder was telling you the circumstances in which it would be student finances business NOT assuming that they thought you were cheating the system & you have just been very rude to someone who was trying to help you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Indeed.

SFE won't care. They don't ask to see a tenancy agreement. All they ask is that the information you've given on your form is true.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending